Reaction score
Kris went to his new home today!
20180515_174752.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mira & Shenron
20180516_154004.jpg

Will pull Piccolo & one of the twins on Monday. Few days later, I'll pull the other twin. Twins & Tokitoki are being picked up at the end of the month.

No buyers for the 2 rams yet, anyone here need a ram or wether?? =P

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ordered enough brace kits to do the red numbered paddocks!
Bought 58 Tposts yesterday, which may or may not be enough for these 3, but easy to run to the store and get the rest.
The fence line between 4 & 5 might need to be moved, so that's why I'm doing the red ones first.
20180517_124356.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eloise had a ram lamb, tricky birth, thought it was a loss. Swollen head sticking out, dry and seemingly dead. Couldn't push him back in nor get even a finger in to figure out what was where. Ended up just tugging and hoping the ewe would be okay at least. Got him out, elongated from the yanking, flopped him onto the ground and turned to check on the ewe. Heard a gasp, looked over and nothing, dead looking, but decided to try pressing his ribs and messing with his nose and mouth just in case, nothing. Turned away again and I hear another gasp, so I move him closer and keep messing with him, then he takes a breath and I know he is oddly still alive. Got him sternal and left, not expecting to come back to a live lamb, didn't look like he could move anything except to breathe a little.
Found him trying to stand, neck shrunk back to normal, other than not nursing yet, he's okay. Will go back out soon to see if he can nurse yet.
Ewe has a large udder, so hopefully he will grow quickly.
20180520_135855.jpg
20180520_132514.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tests for Wooly & Ewenique came back clean n negative. He's mostly back to normal, but their conformation seems to cause them issues.
Depending on how their lamb turns out and then next year's lambs from them turns out, I may sell them. Their legs are small and bodies large, if breeding to my others doesn't even them out, then I can't keep them. Though, if they continue to grow a ton of wool, I may keep one just for wool and dinner lambs. Time will tell.

The fence braces should arrive tomorrow. Decided to pull all the ewe lambs that were still on their moms today.

Latest posts