Screenshot_20181213-172510_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20181213-172531_Video Player.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love how you call. Sheepies....Sheepies

Lol, what else would I say?
Hurry up, ya overweight mutton chops? :gig

I need to figure out what sound sheep can hear the furthest and clearest, then train them to that instead of the bucket shaking.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
When i call my goats or dogs, i just ring the bell that's mounted on the back porch, they all come running....but here sheepie sheepie is cute....mutton chop would be hard to holler three or four times....try a bell, lol.....enjoyed your pictures also :)

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have hills?
I need something that will carry over the hills, through some trees, too.
Lol, I thought of hanging a bell way up high in a tree with a string to ring it, so it might carry further over the big hill. Even thought, maybe I can have a remote bell on the hill, then another by the barn...hah.
Dogs come to a whistle, horses come to clicks or yelling out "ponies, ponpons or potatoes!" I try to use "rammies" for the boys and "packies" for the alpaca. I sometimes cluck and chatter like a chicken to my chickens...lol.

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, how did you get everyone trained to individual sounds? The only thing my animals respond to is when I yelp like a turkey. I tried to make goat sounds, bucket sound for the horses but the only thing anyone responds to is turkey calls which I find kinda embarrassing when the farmer is working the field and sees me just yelping away, lol.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trained the dogs to hit a hanging bell on door knob when they wanted to go out, then started calling and ringing the bell...now i just ring the bell. No hills here, you can get a bell like four inch size or larger, the sound will carry, if they can hear the pail and "sheepie, sheepie " bell traing will be easy , and it sure saves you from having to yell :old

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trained the dogs to hit a hanging bell on door knob when they wanted to go out, then started calling and ringing the bell...now i just ring the bell. No hills here, you can get a bell like four inch size or larger, the sound will carry, if they can hear the pail and "sheepie, sheepie " bell traing will be easy , and it sure saves you from having to yell :old

They don't hear me if they are past the edge of that big hill. :( I can scream and shake the bucket until it breaks, but they don't respond.
Here's a picture. That brown wee lump under the left arrow is a sheep.
20181211_165406.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, how did you get everyone trained to individual sounds? The only thing my animals respond to is when I yelp like a turkey. I tried to make goat sounds, bucket sound for the horses but the only thing anyone responds to is turkey calls which I find kinda embarrassing when the farmer is working the field and sees me just yelping away, lol.

If the wrong critter comes up, they don't get the reward. I always have food ready for them. Over time, they figure it out. Also call/reward them in separate paddocks.

I used to catch my pony by taking off my bra and using it to lead him.... :D

Deer hunters see a lot of interesting things I do. =/

Latest posts