2019, Waiting on lambs!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tree is in a sheep paddock, makes it related, yeah?
:weee
My first ever pears are 7 days from being edible!
View attachment 64900

Update.
Tried one.
First bite, incredibly tart!!
Next bites better n better. Super juicy, dripping. Crazy!
So, great pear to gobble down raw. :drool

Last edited:

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty obvious now that nothing will happen with the house unless I get it done & just give the bill to DH. And since he also has no interest in moving, spending all my money on making my life easier, when directly related to the livestock, is what I can & will do. Not happy about it.

So, first livestock related buy will be a hay barn. Then/at the same time, fixing the current barn to be for the animals. The lean-to maternity ward will also be built. Adding fencing for more paddocks will probably also happen. If I'm stuck with over priced land we "can't sell" & I can't find hay people for it, then I'm going to put it to use in other ways. But this might need replaning than what was posted before, since I'm not sure where I'll end up sticking the hay barn. Where the round pen is was the best idea, until I just thought of if I had to have hay purchased... So, where the old weaning pen was is probably the next best spot. Closer to barn, but uses paddock space & may be a bit of a pain for hay made here. Ugh, but then the paddocks will be in the way of hay making...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lost Shenron tonight to Salmonella. :hit

Picking up Nuflor tomorrow to treat everyone as prevention & redoing CDT vaccines, as per vets suggestion. Gotta get the scale ready.
Vet said that since it rained so much last year, she was advising redoing CDT every 6mo.
Said that even if she had come yesterday, when I noticed the ewe down around 7pm, that she wouldn't of made it.
She also said that Dyne is good for hogs, but no good for sheep as it changes the gut biome and isn't healthy for them, can make them susceptible to other issues taking over.
She did a necropsy. Crazy purple intestines, had to get a picture. Didn't take lung picture. Burying tomorrow.

Shenron was by Kris & had excellent Babydoll shape & characteristics.
R.I.P.
20190812_212640.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got all the ewes treated. Back breaking...:th

The sheep chair-
No kick plate because the whole thing is made off. Needs it, one leg got stuck, but I noticed right away. The tails also get bent up badly.

The legs are way too tall, obviously for tiny Babydolls, but also tall Cheviot/BFL & Corriedale. Weird. I had to LIFT them up, on to and then over onto their backs. :he

The Nuflor/Norfenicol is highly painful to sheep. Vet failed to mention that...:barnie

What is the true normal temperature of sheep? Different websites & vets say very different things. :rolleyes:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry...that's terrible :(
I hope your day got better, and for what it's worth...happy birthday :hugs

Last edited: