2020, Waiting on Lambs!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's the square footage that dictates if you need permits. 12x20 is the largest size that doesn't require them.

I could add doors, but there's no ventilation once closed, just an over. So, I'd have to have someone frame in and add vents. It's weird, they don't give options for vents! None of these companies do, this one does offer insulation, so that's nice. I don't want indoor rain! Lol

Going to see what DH thinks, if he approves, I'll figure out where to place them & how close together I want them, then place order! 4ft from fence & other buildings.
2-3wk lead time. I'll have to get gravel brought in & since I'll have my sparkling new tractor, I can try to level the area a bit, then spread the gravel out.

I should probably also add borders to keep gravel contained or no? Hmm...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Voltorb is home in Tennessee!!
FB_IMG_1590363438209.jpg

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We had 2 farms near us that had baby doll sheep in their front pastures during lambing season when we moved here. This is the second year that I don't see any sign of sheep. :hit It looks like they got out of sheep completely. I loved watching those little lambs running and jumping around,

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
:love :celebrate:yesss::weee
Lookie what arrived!!!
20200527_160003.jpg
Ain't it pretty?!

Still working on the storage buildings, getting a few estimates for grading work. Then once that's level, I'll have gravel delivered, I'll level that out & buildings will go in!

I found the form I need for construction, just need it notarized & send it in. I'll order buildings after leveling of ground. Idk if I should wait for a gravel delivery date or not. Building lead time is 2-3wks, but who knows if the other things will be done in time...oh...and the govt may take forever...maybe I should wait on approval of that first..

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is a nice tractor! Pretty good size too. What Horsepower is it?

I would submit the permit first, then start grading and graveling. No building until permit in hand. Is the permit from a County or Township? I find that the smaller government units usually take less time, unless it needs to go to a counsel or committee meeting.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a nice tractor! Pretty good size too. What Horsepower is it?

I would submit the permit first, then start grading and graveling. No building until permit in hand. Is the permit from a County or Township? I find that the smaller government units usually take less time, unless it needs to go to a counsel or committee meeting.

County, I think. "City of Culpeper, Culpeper county", haven't heard it called a township.
No idea if it needs to go to a counsel or meeting. I do need to find a notary.

It's a Yanmar YT359C. 58-59 HP.

Might as well level now, since horse arena I'm adding will be right next to it. There's literally no where else to put it w/o moving way too much ground & adding a lot of retaining walls.

I realized that I have to use a different spot for the gate path from small plot to large plot. That means rethinking building size & figuring out real space required for storage of everything, haying equipment, too. Website & booklet give outrageous sizes...
A 16x8ft cutter??
A 13x12.5ft tedder?? Worse, it says its height is a whopping 9ft!

Who measured them?? And how??
Booklet mixed up CM & IN to boot!

o_O:lol:

By my calculations based on cutting/taking widths, plus images provided, there are the sizes I got. Both at heights of about 2.5-3ft.
8x8ft for tedder.
9x3ft for cutter.

The baler they did, I think, correctly. It's the only one that sounds realistic and pictures seem to confirm it.
4.25x4.25x3.75 ft.