2022-2023 Market lamb

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He is looking better. Won’t stop jumping on me!!! His hoofs were on my waist as he tried to jump over me. Soon he will be coming for my head. He is a good boy and how jump training makes him brace better. I just tutch his chest and he jumps his front legs up to let me stretch him out. Really convenient.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you can do all this training with a sheep, what could you do with a dog?
Yeh I can only wonder

I’ll get a dog when i can fully take care of him. I want to not worry about money when I get a dog. And I’ll definitely want a purebred dog (probably a poodle or working breed)

Last edited:

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today the cut is almost 100% scabbed over. He needs to stop rubbing it.

We have gone back to “ bop it” and getting a reward. Only small short jumps. He finds training so fun. We brace better then ever. He is so attached to me after this dog experience. I used to tie him to the fence while I got feed and he would sit there. Now he is crazy trying to brake out and get to me. This helps him under stand that I will always be back tho. He is doing great

Attachments

• 3944D4B9-2C5E-4A94-86BB-7F51780CB811.jpeg
    3944D4B9-2C5E-4A94-86BB-7F51780CB811.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 29

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad he is almost all healed up. That separation anxiety is hard to deal with.

After Sentry spent 6 days and 5 nights at the vet’s office, he was convinced I was never coming back. Then I kept him in the house and that further attached him to me. After I transitioned him to back in the pasture, I still brought him in during the day for our nap time. LOL When I left, he followed me to the driveway on the inside of the fence, crying. I felt like a rat. I got out of the car and petted him through the fence, trying to reassure him. Then he’d wait there until I came back and run alongside the car. I always put the window down and sing MOMMY’S HOME! to Sentry and Sheba when I get back home. After I change into farm clothes, I’ll go in the gate and pet both of them.

You are Dutch’s flock. You are his guardian, you feed and care for him, you are his everything, his whole world. How impressive that you get this “all in” response from a sheep. He loves you because you love him.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It’s kinda funny. After the dog happened he has taken the job as livestock Guardian for the goats. If we all go in a walk and the goat starts to wonder off a different direction he panics and goes after them. Then he tries to bring them all back, the owners of the goats are very confused with his behavior

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So glad he is almost all healed up. That separation anxiety is hard to deal with.

After Sentry spent 6 days and 5 nights at the vet’s office, he was convinced I was never coming back. Then I kept him in the house and that further attached him to me. After I transitioned him to back in the pasture, I still brought him in during the day for our nap time. LOL When I left, he followed me to the driveway on the inside of the fence, crying. I felt like a rat. I got out of the car and petted him through the fence, trying to reassure him. Then he’d wait there until I came back and run alongside the car. I always put the window down and sing MOMMY’S HOME! to Sentry and Sheba when I get back home. After I change into farm clothes, I’ll go in the gate and pet both of them.

You are Dutch’s flock. You are his guardian, you feed and care for him, you are his everything, his whole world. How impressive that you get this “all in” response from a sheep. He loves you because you love him.
I don’t keep up with everything well, Sentry is a LGD right?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today the cut is almost 100% scabbed over. He needs to stop rubbing it.

We have gone back to “ bop it” and getting a reward. Only small short jumps. He finds training so fun. We brace better then ever. He is so attached to me after this dog experience. I used to tie him to the fence while I got feed and he would sit there. Now he is crazy trying to brake out and get to me. This helps him under stand that I will always be back tho. He is doing great
Looking better and better really quickly too. That says a lot for his condition and care. WTG.

Latest posts