2023-2024 Market Lamb

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
AGAIN! o_O :(:( Hope he gets over it fast. If nothing else, he has been quite the learning experience.
Definitely something to learn. I wonder if this time it’s stress. My school did a dog wash out in the yard and who knows if nay got off leash and tried to attack him though the gate or barked a lot.

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He he looked better when I checked on him a few minutes ago. Nothing stuck to his but. What’s a bloat look like? Could that be a problem?
The loin and belly and stuff is like huge and pushed out and kind of hard and it might like stick up by the back because it's so bloated does he look like he bloated?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely something to learn. I wonder if this time it’s stress. My school did a dog wash out in the yard and who knows if nay got off leash and tried to attack him though the gate or barked a lot.
Could be, though I’ve worked with tons and tons of sheep and dogs. Never saw a case of crazy dogs causing stress induced diarrhea. Doesn’t mean that it can’t happen of course.
Grabbing at a crazy straw - what about the coat growth stuff you are using? If I remember it’s just a coat dressing and not a supplement, even still it could be absorbed through the skin. It’s the only thing that you’re doing differently than Dutch. That’s assuming this current bout is not coccidia (or giardia do sheep even get that?)?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could be, though I’ve worked with tons and tons of sheep and dogs. Never saw a case of crazy dogs causing stress induced diarrhea. Doesn’t mean that it can’t happen of course.
Grabbing at a crazy straw - what about the coat growth stuff you are using? If I remember it’s just a coat dressing and not a supplement, even still it could be absorbed through the skin. It’s the only thing that you’re doing differently than Dutch. That’s assuming this current bout is not coccidia (or giardia do sheep even get that?)?
Good thinking! Yes sheep get coccidia, don’t know about giardia. You are analyzing this and maybe it is a reaction to the coat growth stuff. Or it may be a return to the coccidia. :(