3 Goats limping in the same foot?

Rosetta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey! I have 3 goats all limping in the left rea foot. One is a full Oberhalsi, 6 years old. The other is a full Nubian, 2 1/2 years old, and the last is a full Alpine, 2 yrs old. (Although we believe her foot is broken). We checked for hoof rot, and broken bones, but the Oberhalsi and the Nubian have neither. I don't really know what could be wrong. I looked up WMD (White Muscle Disease), but that happens mostly in newborn kids. Any suggestions or ideas?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same foot, all three....sounds like a mechanical and/or environmental injury? Something they all step over, get caught on or knock their legs into as they move from one place to another?

Any swelling, redness, abrasions or heat in those legs and/or feet?

Rosetta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not sure, is there anything in their pasture area that they jumped off of or stepped into? How are their hooves? Might need to have your vet take a look at them.
Their hooves are fine, we clipped them today to double check. The thing that really got me is that they're all in different pastures. One is in a "clearing lot", the one with the broken foot is with the chickens, and the third is with her baby on a grass-only pasture. I've got no idea! We can't really take them to the vet, seeing as they're all MASSIVE goats, and we don't have a trailer. None of the vets close to us do farm calls either. I don't really know what to do
@OneFineAcre @B&B Happy goats @Goat Whisperer @Southern by choice

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score

Do you have a area where they can be contained for a few days to rest the injured foot ?
I know when I have one that gets a sprain and limp, I loosly wrap the foot and keep then on the less active side as much as I can so they can rest the foot.