3 week old little girl

alba

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry for this!
With a 3 week old not with a mother I would bring it inside with me if I was really attached to it. If not I would leave it outside in an enclosed shed or barn only if it had other young brothers and sisters for company. I would not leave a tiny baby outside in a pen alone at night ever. It is too vulnerable and needs protection like a human baby at that stage.

Again :hit so sorry for this loss. Babies generally get the runs when you take them home. Upset from the move since their young systems are very sensitive. Also responsible could be any change in diet or lack of cleanliness. The pepto works but at 4 weeks and at 8 weeks the 40% Dimethox is given 5 days for cocci prevention.

goat lady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. She was only in the outside pen during the day. Other than that she was on our enclosed patio. My other two have been looking for her I think. ;) When we got our first two in March there was a chance that the female might be pregant cause she was in with the buck that fathered her little billy that we took also, so I am watching and wondering if God has my little one there for me. ;) I just wish there was a way I could tell if she is pregant forsure. She has a nice round belly the pass month.

Chicks&Feathers

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am SO SORRY for your loss! I am dealing with a 2 1/2 week old bottle baby myself-the mother apparently abandoned her. A friend of mine found her on her gravel road in front of her house. No other goats anywhere around-not even neighbors. So i am trying to keep her healthy. It's been a challenge! I have had problems off and on with scours. I have had her for the last 2 1/2 weeks-and she still had her umbiblical chord attached to her. I'm getting ready to treat for cocci.

Once again-i'm very sorry for your loss!!!

Goatmasta

Reaction score
helmstead said:
I would suspect cocci and treat accordingly with DiMethox 40% (BTW - 3 weeks of age is when we begin our cocci prevention on our kids because it is the most common age for symptoms to begin).
Sorry for your loss but do not give up! Helmstead is correct in her diagnosis.. Either cocci or bloat do you know how to tell if they are bloated?

Latest posts