Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm be afraid he would jump something and that ball would catch and the choke chain would choke.
I had a beagle got tangled up in something lost his collar. Went to the vet later same day. Turns out he cracked a neck veterbrae. Tight collars, dog can't get loose if it's snagged. Loose collars they catch everything. I hate collars.

Tigger19687

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Looks to me like she just wants to play.
Is she without the GP when there are issues ? I'm betting because she was with her brother so long in the beginning that she Needs company.
Also be very careful tieing things to the collar after she's been doing what you've shown. She may just get her bottom jaw stuck in the collar... and break the jaw, or neck. I've seen it happen with strong willed dogs.
I used to work at a animal hospital and shelters.

She is adorable though :)

Tigger19687

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping the horse chase would have made her think more.... guess not.
I'm beginning to wonder if this was why she was sold.

NEWCOMER

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Decided to make a separate journal for this.

With the coyotes coming closer, getting louder & my dog not particularly giving a darn, I felt pressured to get a dog now, even if it's not everything I wanted.

Ended up finding a female 3hrs south, seller bought her w/brother & they chose to sell one. Original breeder I had contacted, but they were 4.5~ hours south, too far for me. Dog was born end if May, so a much older pup than I'm used to dealing with, which will be evident with all her adventures...She's 3/4th Anatolian with a dash of GP, I didn't want any GP, but she's short haired, so I took the chance. Was hoping other GP traits don't show up.

Anyway, brought her home Monday. Already knew containment was going to be tricky because of her age, size & mobility.

I can't remember exactly what she escaped & in what order, so I'll skip the details. I'll say that she kept finding all the spots I failed to find/think of. Wood, mesh, hot wire. I thought I got all spots, but she escaped this morning at 9am. I will say, that each time, she's lasted longer and longer before finding a way out. So, I see that as a good sign. She's also more & more calm n okay with me walking away from her.

She has been barking on her own or backing up my GP since day one. She's very good with all my animals, submissive & respectful of their space, too. My GP was most upset, I still haven't let them meet w/o the fence, but they have been living with just the one fence splitting them. He could of jumped in, but hasn't, so he's giving her space.
Barn cat went missing for two days. Tonight is day 4 & he has finally met her nose to nose.
Horses don't care either way.
She's living with two rams & knew right away to give them space. Slowly more comfortable around them, but still being aware that they could be turds to her. I opened a paddock & the yard around the barn for her to explore. So now she's in with the baby ram, too. She knew right away that he was much more safe to approach, but doesn't bother him.
Met the housedog yesterday. That went very well, as housedog is super dominant.
I had her in the backyard today to meet the 9 ewes not being bred & she was calm & happy to try meeting them. They weren't as thrilled, lol. As we sat there, housedog was walking through the tall grass on the other side of the yard & new pup thought she was a predator when she turned a corner towards us. Pup trotted off with her big girl bark, but she quickly realized that she knew that black fluffball & returned. Then we went to the opposite side to meet Seb & his girls. He wasn't near, so pup was happy to say hello, they were less welcoming. As soon as the ram showed up, she backed off.

She's afraid of vehicles. Hay guy scared her into the far paddock. Opening my car for her to sniff around had her off in a corner. I have to use the tractor tomorrow...Oh boy. Hopefully, that helps keep her off the road at the very least.

Oh, that was kinda long, sorry.

Anyway, I ended up naming her Wełna, which means "wool" in Polish.

View attachment 78398View attachment 78399View attachment 78400View attachment 78401View attachment 78402View attachment 78403View attachment 78405View attachment 78406View attachment 78407
View attachment 78408

Both barking tonight.

Day one, backing up GP.
Awww...cute dog!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are pretty good. I've enjoyed looking at them. I'm really impressed with the zoom. If you don't mind me asking what brand is it.

Tigger19687

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What?
Escaping?
They lived in a 15x15ft chain link kennel in the woods. No other fencing. The type you buy pre-made with poles all around, think chain link gates, but bigger. Don't see how she would of escaped that. There were no holes nor dug holes.
Seller said she was fighting her brother over food.
Either way, seller has no need for a dog, they need to invest in proper shelter for their birds.
Oh, you didn't say that in the beginning so I assumed she was a guard dog on a farm.

Glad she's been staying in the fence

Latest posts