A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to try recipes I really need to get equipment for cheese making for sure. I debating about moving times when I milk... I currently haven't made milking the first session until about noon and the second around ten pm and I getting tired of being so tired lol. I want to move the first to 6am and the other at 6pm

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am starting to think I have a defective male bunny (got him yesterday day) he not eating or interested in the girl bunnies he just sits in the corner of the cage.... My friend has some more male rabbits I might get another from her. He was by himself in a cage in the corner she had seven males most where two to a cage and have been fighting this one was the best looking and not beat up plus calm so I took him.. I starting to question if I picked the wrong male. I really wanted the biggest one so he could pass on his genes. My girls are not show quality bunnies and are small for California rabbits. My only issue if I wait to long the other six will be butchered so no more cheap show bunny access for me.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh he a hundred and some odd days old i haven't seen him eat or drink yet. They have a water bottle thingy, I give them grass and grain mix. Oats, barley, sunflower seeds and calf manna. I just got home I went to store as soon as I get baby to sleep I am running out there to milk and check on bunny, chicks and ducklings. Slightly going crazy today....

Jennifer Hinkle

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a rabbit some time to get used to a new home, or the doe may not be in heat. I usually keep 2 males on hand that way if one male ain't feeling it I have a back up. Rabbits are unique animals and everyone is different in his or her own way.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
SOmetimes the Doe will also be beating up the buck when you're not looking. They can be territorial to new rabbits especially bucks. If he's being kept with other rabbits, keep an eye on his genitals as the ladies WILL play dirty and go for them in my experience.