A little horsey humor

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
My first fall ever. If he hadn't of spooked at me falling & turned, flipping me right round, I would of landed on my throat!
I was recording because he had started tiny bucks & I wanted to confirm it. Instead, I got this gem. Lol
received_1789875287965686.jpeg

I had almost righted myself from a string of small bucks, but then my hand slipped off his mane right after another buck and down I went!

I went back to bareback with him and slid/fell off several more times before I got him to my current trainer/buddy to fix it. Most were from short stops + a sudden left turn...I got good at falling by the end of it.
Most recently, I accidentally goosed him while mounting with a stick in hand. He broke out into a canter before I was fully seated & my hand drew that stick to the rein to slow him, but I yanked his tail by accident instead. Ugh. He started to buck and I stuck on for awhile before deciding to jump ship. My natural instinct is moreso jump than cling...I no longer use sticks as a crop...

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
My first fall ever. If he hadn't of spooked at me falling & turned, flipping me right round, I would of landed on my throat!
I was recording because he had started tiny bucks & I wanted to confirm it. Instead, I got this gem. Lol
View attachment 63498

I had almost righted myself from a string of small bucks, but then my hand slipped off his mane right after another buck and down I went!

I went back to bareback with him and slid/fell off several more times before I got him to my current trainer/buddy to fix it. Most were from short stops + a sudden left turn...I got good at falling by the end of it.
Most recently, I accidentally goosed him while mounting with a stick in hand. He broke out into a canter before I was fully seated & my hand drew that stick to the rein to slow him, but I yanked his tail by accident instead. Ugh. He started to buck and I stuck on for awhile before deciding to jump ship. My natural instinct is moreso jump than cling...I no longer use sticks as a crop...
I feel like I would have done the same thing If I ever used a stick as a crop :lol:
Glad you didn't get hurt too bad!!