A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found your thread! I have not been getting any notices on my emails even you are on my "watch" list. I have been thinking about you and hoping things were going well. This complete lockdown in Australia and New Zealand is very difficult for you. Are you able to get any caregivers at all to help you under the lockdown conditions?

So sorry to see that Jenny is declining in her mental faculties. It is so hard on those around her. My MIL was the same with my FIL - he couldn't even go to the bathroom without her getting very upset when he was out of view.

:hugs

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another here who loves the picture perfect mom and babe!!

Your baking skills have expanded....next thing ya know you'll be doing decorating too! Not much better than a good chocolate cake. Looks to be a moist one, too. Yum!!

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for me the fact I have to be in view all of the time is by far the hardest thing of all.The other thing is that I have to explain what seems like a 100 times a day is what the tube in her tummy is all about,last night she was awake asking me and crying for about 3 hours.This morning I am exhausted and still the questions come about it.We have a support program where a lady comes from the hospital on Tuesday morning and cleans the house and provides a level of social support,I have a mental health support worker who comes once a week and more if I ask.Our daughter is coming every week now to stay one night and give me a break....The NET is the only respite I have and you folks are being so supportive,it means so much to me in these times of stress and worry.

Decorating cakes,"I dont think so"! but I have found the best frosting ever.Because it is winter i am cooking most of our meals on and in the wood stove which is a skill I seem to get better at each day,so far I have not had to give a meal which turned out "bad"to the dogs or chooks.Currently i am learning all about using the Iron for some things after the washing is all dry.Thanks again to all of you .T.O.R.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooking with a wood stove is an art!!! I screw up enough with an electric wall oven.

Your spring is just 16 days away :D

Ironing? Yeah, we don't do that. I think the only thing that got ironed, back when we were skiing, was the wax on the bottom of the skis. My grandmother used to iron the sheets. Never could figure that one out, soon as you sleep on them 1 minute they are wrinkled again and stay that way until they are washed and ironed again.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bless you for all the patience you are finding to deal with the situation. I like to iron. Yes, considered a little bit "crazy" for that but I like to see a nice neat "finished" shirt. I like the button placket down the front to be neat as well as the pockets, collars, and cuffs. This from someone who really does not like most housework. Never did sheets or underwear.... I like my clothes out on the clothesline, but especially the sheets and towels and airing out the blankets on the clothesline regularly.

Cooking on a wood stove definitely takes some skill and finesse.

Rely on us whenever you need to, if for nothing else but just a place to "vent" when you are feeling overwhelmed.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like ironing too. Plenty of time to think or watch TV while doing a useful chore. I always ironed y clothes when I was pregnant. For some reason it made me feel better about the huge bulge and my waddle. :lol: I also like ironing linens. They come up so crisp and pretty.

With the advent of "natural fabrics" everything was cotton which wrinkles badly. Al DH's sport shirts need ironing. I save then up and do a large ironing at ne time. Mainly he wears them on cruises and we have not cruised for 18 months now! :hit

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My great grandmother ironed bed sheets too. I don't iron anything. I gave my husband warning and told him up front that I would wash, dry, fold or hang his clothes, but NO ironing. So if he wants something ironed, he does it himself. After all, he used to before we were married, so it's not like he doesn't know how.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks ,I hope this post finds you all well? Well ,on our place it is supposed to be spring, but it is barely 10c at the minute and the fire has been going for 3 days now,

There are two pressing tasks at the minute upgrading some fences and attending to weeds. We have a small group of ewes who are very nice sheep ,but they challenge fences at every opportunity .They seem capable of "smelling" a weak point in any fence (lol). They even conquered a fence of our neighbors made with 7 strands of hi-tensile barbed wire built by a "professional fencer", another job on the list add 3 more strands of plain to 900 mts of boundary .

Lambing continues with one of the groups who cycled late along with some of the maidens (they are about 16 months old), they are lambing naturally without assistance up in the bush.

Tina's two pups are now 4 weeks old and have started to "lap" milk when offered to them. They are both boys and by Max (my older male) and will I am sure turn out to be great "mates" as well as workers.

Lockdown at our place ,I guess you could do worse?

Jenny's condition continues to progress and next time I will post a complete update......T.O.R

Attachments

• IMG20211009144429.jpg
    IMG20211009144429.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 77
  • wine.jpg
    wine.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 69