A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great promotion!! That 20 will increase....we both know this. Hang on.

Now, don't show them the cakes. You can't keep up with orders. :lol:

Love the pups. I'm with Bay, love the tan on liver coloring.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, it's been a while what with one thing and another.Lambing continues and I am really both happy and surprised by the results so far because we are getting some really nice colors and types along the lines of what we are aiming for.......Megs pups are growing at such a rate and yesterday had their first meal away from "mum",they now get 3 timesm a day some dry food soaked in milk and yoghurt.

Tomorrow will be another radio live to air ,at which time i will be announcing that from next month I will be hosting a dedicaited half hour about living on and running a small farm whilst holding down a job in town,the title of which will be "Our Farm" and each month we will chat about a different aspect of owning and keeping livestock..From discussions I have had the influx over the last 20 years of city folks (most from a professional background) wishingto experience the country life but with absolutly no idea of how to go about it.Anyway ,I will let you all know how it goes.

I also caught up with one of the Fat Lady's ,it looks like she will be a "twinner",a far cry from when they first arrived.

Hope you all enjoy,BTW ,the radio interviews are streamed on the web at Braidwood FM 88.9 and select the streaming option.....T.O.R.

Attachments

• DSCN5880.JPG
    DSCN5880.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN5877.JPG
    DSCN5877.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN5876.JPG
    DSCN5876.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN5835.JPG
    DSCN5835.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 75

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, it is with a heavy heart that I write this post,Jenny's condition has progressed to such an extent that conversation is almost non existent,apart from the personal care (showering and the like) she now requires help with dressing and her activity level has almost ceased.She is sleeping about 12 hours in the night and more time during the day.Her only conversation is restricted to answering a question directed at her,thankfully her diet/appertite has remained good .Recently I did go throught a bad patch,but was helped by the support folks from the local mental health unit,once I accepted the fact that I was getting exhausted and my own health was suffering,things improved but over the last week I have had a serious dose of the flu,which has also taken its toll,but now I am almost recovered and feeling that I am back in control I am much better no doubt helped by medicaition and an array of Single Malt Whisky's...lol.

The Internet has become my savior and being able to reach out to friends around the world is so good. The FaceBook group is now over 1000 and is growing at a rate I never thought possible..The radio program is going to be something I think I will really enjoy,I have arranged for a lass from the hospitial to come to the radio station and stay will Jenny while I am on air....

Next week we are expecting a delivery of 2 new rams from Victioria,they are Poll Damaras and will have quite an impact on the program..We have 20 plus boys ready for EID and one chap has expressed interest in the lot,however he does need to lift his price a little to meet mine...T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sad to learn of Jenny’s condition. But I am greatly encouraged by knowing that you have help and support for your own health. Sorry that you had the flu, glad you are getting better.

2 new rams! That is exciting. And 20 boys ready to go for EID, that is a boost to the bank account.

The radio program is good for you, it keeps you engaged with others and opportunity to share your vast experience with other people.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, can anybody advise if SHEEP magazine is still published in the USA?..T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried their FaceBook page,but has not been active since 2014.The last issue I can find is nov/dec 2014.

As some of you will be aware I used to write for the mag,under the byline of a" view from downunder".
Everything suddenly stopped and a;; efforts to contact the editor failed,in spite of the faxct we had devoloped a relationship over the years...I was just wondering if it was still being produced?....T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks , I contacted the editor of Countryside and was told that SHEEP mag is no longer produced,shame, I found it interesting on lots of levels....Still waiting for my new Rams ,the guy is unable to cross then border at this time..T.O.R.