Addy's Settling In

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your time, but education is important. Hope it all goes well for you on that "Front" too. Around here ya don't have to ask if we wish to see Pics....most are disappointed when they Don't see them. :)

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes my time should be even more stretched next year when I start college, or I'll have more free time, I have no idea. I'll take some pictures of ALL the animals and show you guys here :) be expecting their adorableness in the next few minutes

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here is PittBull/American Bulldog puppy Crickett (spelled wrong on purpose)
IMG_4492.JPG
And here she is followed by papered Black Labrador Retriever, Bailey
IMG_4493.JPG
And my last dog (actually, my first;]), ****zu/ Dachshund mix Lindsey
IMG_4502.JPG
Here is the now infamous Addy, wouldn't sit still for a GOOD picture
IMG_4500.JPG
Followed by Scout, making sure I got her good side ;)
IMG_4495.JPG
And of course the group all together, Clyde, Scout, Bonnie, and Bocephus (from left to right)
IMG_4494.JPG
And my darling chickens. The front three are black sexlink, the rooster is Rhode Island Red, and the little hen is a game hen. Yes, they all have names :)
IMG_4501.JPG
And please feel free to guess the ages of my dogs, because Lindsey doesn't look a day over 2, am I right??

Reactions: TAH

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does look like a very Fine group there. :thumbsup You have done a Great job with them all. You have some uniquely marked goats, it'll be interesting to see the kids that are produced there too. That many animals and going to high school too, does leave very little time for ya to enjoy it all, but you are still young and full of Energy so it'll have its challenges, but will be lots of Fun too. On Lindsey's age I would say between 4-5 yrs old...sorry. :)

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It does look like a very Fine group there. :thumbsup You have done a Great job with them all. You have some uniquely marked goats, it'll be interesting to see the kids that are produced there too. That many animals and going to high school too, does leave very little time for ya to enjoy it all, but you are still young and full of Energy so it'll have its challenges, but will be lots of Fun too. On Lindsey's age I would say between 4-5 yrs old...sorry. :)
Thank you :) I am very proud of my goats, I plan on starting a breeding farm when we get more land. I try very hard to keep them healthy and loved:love. Haha trust me, I am DEFINITELY energy filled :celebrate.
And with Lindsey, you were about 11 years off. She's 15 and a half :old haha. Crickett is 10 months and Bailey is 5 years

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sorry, very few updates because of school but, alright guys. So I was a bit worried today because I forgot to close the gate and Addy got out. I thought she would dart but she just poked her nose around checking out these things she's never seen of the house. I let her poke around a bit before shaking her food bowl and coaxing her back in. School still has me very busy, so I am not giving enough time to them as I should, but every time I can I sit out there with her and get a few pets on her before she darts. Although she always comes back because she is the most curious goat I've ever met. Even for a goat haha

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Okay guys so I have a question. Warmer weather means the dogs move back outside, and I need the pen that Addy is staying in. It's been a few weeks and she is letting me pet her while she eats and she is a bit more trusting of me. Will I be able to move her in with the herd?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, if ya do, then for the first few times ya let them out together make sure you are right there monitoring, that way if anything does happen you will be right there to address it. Take a lead with you in case it is needed and your bucket to draw attention to you. There will be some head touching to full butting, but it is something they have to workout themselves. These actions would determine to me if they could be put together, it may take a couple of times of doing this for them to settle down some together. Then they would be fine in the same pen. That is my opinion on it, and what I would do. Tho, I can't run or chase so, I would have a lead on her when I let them out together...just in case she Bolts.:) It does sound like ya have made some really good progress with the situation.:thumbsup

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think waiting such a length of time before putting her with the herd really helped out. Last night I let her in with the herd and the ate together from the same pan, and only once did Bonnie headbut Addy for a second before going back to eating, then she let Addy in beside her to eat. I think just to make sure she knew she is the boss lady. That was the only tussel I saw, other than that everyone was sniffing her rear end but no headbutts (no pun intended). I left to get a jacket from inside and accidentally didn't close the latch all the way, and I came back outside to see them all out in the yard together. Addy was right by their sides like she belonged with the herd and they accepted her. I haven't seen a single butting of heada since she's been out there except for last noght during feeding time and it was just one little dominance butt. The boys seem to like her as well haha. Also, aside from Addy, I'm thinking Bonnie is cooking a bun in her oven ; )

Latest posts