Adelina! SBC's GSD!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Adelina or Lena as we call her has really missed her "person". One of my older son's that is of course out on his own. He visits often and Lena is in her glory. Lena is not a family dog - she has two basic handlers me, and my son... that's it. Much to my surprise he stopped by today had lunch, hung out and decided he was taking Lena for the weekend! She will be in her glory!
He went to the lake with her on his way home... just sent these pics!
The first is such a gorgeous pic - click on it and make it big! Just Beautiful!
Sitting on a fallen tree.
1,13,2017 044.JPG

Wading through the water
1,13,2017 045.JPG

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's beautiful. Is she from working lines? I never liked GSD's because of what the show dogs look like but she looks like they are supposed to look!

She is so happy!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, she is. She was awarded a VP as a 6month old at the National Sieger. She went on to continue training... we got her at 1 and I had hoped to work endurance and get her titled but I ended up too busy. It took us a while to help her through understanding the farmbibs were not suits! :lol:
But there is much more to it than that. That is where I look at the whole titles, ranking isn't sure fire. Her sire was the No 1 red sable in the world, and 22nd overall (of all GSD's) but again this is where breeding, training and breeders do thinks differently. All my old stock were also working yet not freaking nuts and they were also family dogs with excellent temperament and stability.
I really think the working trainers today have missed the boat. High scores and numbers mean more than the whole dog.

Long story but I won't bore you. Let's just say there are very few in the states that are really good Schutzhund trainers.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son just sent some more pics! She is a red Sable and high energy... very difficult to keep weight on, she is aging now but IMO she is still a beautiful dog. So nice to see her out and about.
Love the 2nd to last pic and I thought the pebbles were cool and the old farm equipment!
These are off a phone cam!
Adelina 2.jpg
Adelina 5.jpg
Adelina 4.jpg
Adelina 6.jpg
Adelina 8.jpg
Adelina 9.jpg
Adelina 10.jpg
Adelina.jpg
Adelina 3.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should have @samssimonsays draw a picture of her! The picture she drew of Trip and Joe our horse hangs right by the front door where we see it all the time.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's a beautiful dog

We've had many working GSD over the years. Just lovethem.