ADGA Membership Question

BantamLover21

Just born
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a BYCer who recently joined BYH.

Asking for a friend who isn't on Backyardherds: Once you have applied/paid for an ADGA membership online, how long does it normally take to receive your assigned tattoo sequence and individual membership number? Does this information come as part of a mailed packet? Not sure how many people here have experience with this, but would appreciate any input.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't do anything online except renew our membership. Seems like there is always an issue.
We use snail mail. We did call first to make sure name and tattoo sequence was available. Our original name wasn't so we had to come up with another. Same with tattoo.

Tagging a few that may use online services... @OneFineAcre @Green Acres Farm @Fullhousefarm

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We didn't do our original membership, herd name, or tattoo sequence online so I can't help.
We register all of our animals online and usually have papers within 10 days, a stamped duplicate is available immediately.

BantamLover21

Just born
Reaction score
Thanks for responding, @Southern by choice and @OneFineAcre. The friends I'm asking for seem to be experiencing some issues/delays with their online membership application, though I think we're all being somewhat impatient, so the wait seems longer.

So @OneFineAcre, you sent in the paper application for membership/herd name? About how long did it take for that? I've heard you receive a membership packet, is that true?

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you have concerns, call! Been a member for decades and have always been very pleased when talking to any of the staff at ADGA. They are all about 'service' to the members!!! However, there is a busy season with spring/summer kids being registered and with shows. Always a quicker response in fall and winter. I just registered a yearling buck that I bought last summer and it was less than ten days from time I snail mailed to having it available on website. I will get paperwork in mail in about three days. The membership packet is full of good info, too. Well worth the wait.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for responding, @Southern by choice and @OneFineAcre. The friends I'm asking for seem to be experiencing some issues/delays with their online membership application, though I think we're all being somewhat impatient, so the wait seems longer.

So @OneFineAcre, you sent in the paper application for membership/herd name? About how long did it take for that? I've heard you receive a membership packet, is that true?

I don't remember, that was 10 years ago.
Like Donna said, spring is their season with kid registrations, show sanctioning and 1 day milk test sanctioning.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a BYCer who recently joined BYH.

Asking for a friend who isn't on Backyardherds: Once you have applied/paid for an ADGA membership online, how long does it normally take to receive your assigned tattoo sequence and individual membership number? Does this information come as part of a mailed packet? Not sure how many people here have experience with this, but would appreciate any input.
I’m wondering the same thing as I renewed membership/applied for a herd name a few days ago and have no verification for it except a PayPal receipt. :hu I’m planning on calling the office to make sure everything went through.