Alice Acres ~ new (human) grandbaby!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The kids are so cute in their little helmets!

I will look for the Target ads, that is cool. You had better keep control of the paycheck, you know dogs. He will splurge and buy a bunch of dog treats. :lol:

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have our 4th grandchild as of early this morning!

It's been quite the stressful time, as my daughter has had a medically challenging pregnancy. Their daughter Norah (3 on Dec 27th) was induced early as she had severe pre-eclampsia. Well, it surfaced again this pregnancy...and in spite of all her precautions, it got bad, necessitating being admitted to our hospital. When they determined she needed to deliver, she had to be transferred to a bigger hospital with a Level 4 NICU. Baby Owen wasn't due until Feb 11th.

They did the transport via ambulance 90 miles. They also determined she needed to be induced and deliver.

So, after much intervention, baby Owen was born early this am - 0048. He's bigger than anticipated (a very good thing!) 5#2oz, and doing pretty well. He's in the NICU, being ventilated by CPAP, has IV's and a feeding tube. They anticipate a 3-4 week stay. Lisa and Alex are up there now. Lisa will stay at the Ronald McDonald house, Alex will stay for a bit, then needs to come back to work. Little Norah is being rotated around, as both sides of the family are local and have lots of family Christmas gatherings. I think it's keeping her mind off the fact that both mom and dad are gone...so working well so far.

Here they are!

7249_521642_10100162814580529_556838103_n.jpg

I spent Friday night and all day Saturday up with them. I was supposed to work yesterday, but called in - when mom is an RN, and daughters need their moms for medical and "mom" support, they win out over work! I made a deal with work that if they let me off yesterday, I promised I would be back to work today and tomorrow. (yep, I work 12 hour shifts on Christmas eve and Christmas Day... :/ )
But at least I know baby Owen is here and safe!

:love

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS! :hugs :celebrate :weee :clap :thumbsup :bun

He's handsome and momma looks good too! :love
(I had a rough pregnancy...almost died AFTER delivery!) I'm VERY glad momma and baby are doing well and have you to support them! That's the best Christmas present ever I think!

Keep us updated and again, Congratulations! Be safe and Merry Christmas!

:hugs :weee :hugs :clap :hugs :woot :hugs :celebrate :hugs :love :hugs :weee :hugs :clap :hugs :thumbsup :hugs :celebrate :hugs

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My sister was a nanny for triplets, their Daddy was a neonatologist. He would say 5 lbs is HUGE!

Congratulations!!!! :weee