Reaction score
Skyler's babies! Born a day late :)
101_1282.JPG
101_1281.JPG

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Skyler's kits are still doing well!
I put a Netherland Dwarf kit from Millie in with Sky's kits...it didn't seem to be getting enough milk with Millie's big litter.
I decided to sell all of my Netherlands...have someone coming tomorrow for all of them. I'm sad to see them go but also relieved that I don't have to worry all the time about them and their kindling problems. They're getting a good home with someone who's kid wants to show 4H and not breed them...at least for now :)

The weather has been amazing...today was beautiful! 80 degrees but cool and windy. Really felt like fall today! Supposed to be stormy on Thursday...i'll believe it when I see it!

My neighbor brought her granddaughter over to see the rabbits today and ended up going home with one! I gave her a 3 month old black Holland Lop that I planned on keeping but I think she's too small to breed and she has an amazing temperament. She'll be a great pet for her :)
Overall, a great day!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sold all of the Netherland Dwarfs today!
The people came early this morning and somehow fit all of the rabbits in their van.
Their daughter was so happy to have rabbits of her own, so that made me a little less sad seeing them go...i know they got a great home.
She even got to bring home a couple of 2-week old kits and gets to watch them grow up :bunny

Jessie is due tonight...kinda nervous about it. She's the best mama I have but when I got home from work today she was lying on her side in a strange way. I opened the cage door and picked her up, she didn't even move so I got worried. After a few minutes she seemed just fine. I'm hoping that was just a fluke and nothing serious...maybe she was just that exhausted? :hu
I palpated her and felt 2...maybe 3 so we'll see!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha ha! NO!
Rabbits can't breed with squirrels :lol:
Squirrel is a color from the agouti group in rabbits...it's called Blue Chinchilla in other breeds, but in the Holland Lop it's called Squirrel ;)
This is Betty Sue when I first brought her home in March. She's a Squirrel.View attachment 66356

Perhaps a picture of blowing into the fur to show the rings of color would help explain it better to @Senile_Texas_Aggie ?

Latest posts