AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
It cut me off halfway through my last post so I’ll do another one!
I got a new house!! One that’s just a few minutes from work and I’m so happy with it!
I got a new puppy last month, his name is Waylon and he’s a good boy, just doesn’t want to listen to a word I say but I’m working on re training him ha ha. He has a vet appointment on the 8th of May to get neutered.
Sadly I did have to sell all of my rabbits... I just couldn’t keep up with them anymore. I miss them so much but some day I’ll get back into rabbits.
My friendships at work have gotten so much stronger and it’s been amazing having such great people around. And being so much closer to them makes it that much better.
I’ve missed you all so much and I hope everyone is doing well and their farms, families and animals too ❤

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I’m sorry for vanishing from BYH and I’ll try to update more often I promise. Things have been insane at TSC with this corona thing going on and us being an ‘essential’ store. It’s crazy how many people have been coming in from others parts of TN and even out of state. It hasn’t died down yet and people are buying out all our plants and seeds and chickens. We can’t keep enough of the stuff that people usually don’t buy!
Been trying to stay healthy, so far I’ve had salmonella from the chickens/ducks 😂 and I have a cold right now. I hope everyone is doing well and all is good with their farms and animals. What’s new with everyone??
Geez!! Salmonella...my hubby, always says, when we make chicken..’have you ever heard of anyone ever getting salmonella?”...well, not that I’m...glad, or whatever the horrible term I’m thinking of..but I can finally tell him to take more precautions...because..YES I DO know someone that got salmonella!! I’m glad you got over it...those dirty buggers!! I think I’m wayyy to lax now when I care for my ducks and chickens....this is a big lesson for me too!! Better get yourself on on the mend!! Put hazard tape around you at work...that’ll at least get the people to stand further back??🤣

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's good to see that you! Based on how our TSC looks outside I figured you would have been swamped.
It’s been insane there! Usually we never have more than 6 people in the store at a time... now we’re having to do a count and not let more than 50 in at a time and we’re close to that all day. We’re closing at 6 now rather than 9 but we have people in there every night almost till 7.
How are you? Did you get hit by that bad storm last week?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geez!! Salmonella...my hubby, always says, when we make chicken..’have you ever heard of anyone ever getting salmonella?”...well, not that I’m...glad, or whatever the horrible term I’m thinking of..but I can finally tell him to take more precautions...because..YES I DO know someone that got salmonella!! I’m glad you got over it...those dirty buggers!! I think I’m wayyy to lax now when I care for my ducks and chickens....this is a big lesson for me too!! Better get yourself on on the mend!! Put hazard tape around you at work...that’ll at least get the people to stand further back??🤣
Ha ha yeah you gotta be so careful!! Tell your hubby that yes you DO know someone who’s had salmonella! I was off work for 4 days stuck in bed and I haven’t been that sick in years... it was horrible. Makes the worst stomach flu seem like nothing!
So far people have been pretty good about staying 6 feet away... we’ve gotten letters sent to us from customers about how happy they and how much they appreciate us really respecting the 6 foot rule and still being able to help them. It almost feels normal now which is probably a bad thing ha ha
We’re required to wear masks and gloves but we ran out of both and the first day I went without gloves it felt so wrong! Never thought I’d live to see anything like this pandemic but oh well... they’ve put out stay at home orders and I’ve been pulled over once already. Thankfully I got paperwork from TSC to show police that I’m an ‘essential worker’ so I don’t get in trouble. This is just crazy 😮

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are you? Did you get hit by that bad storm last week?

We are doing well and mostly staying home unless we REALLY need something which hasn't happened but a couple of times. We had a lot of noise and rain in that storm but most of the bad stuff went around us to the north and south.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@AmberLops ...we’ve had a stay at home order for awhile...but about 1/2 the people haven’t changed a thing. I have had actually had to tell people, who come out to our farm, that, no, they cannot just visit....they can get eggs...honor system, from the garage....but, when we run an errand, the streets are full. The one day...before the official shut down..streets were bare...since then...when we go to buy feed, or food...I see people just chatting. Not us! One of us goes in fast..out fast.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss Amberlops,

I am so glad to see you back on the forum! I have really missed you! I am glad to know that you are doing OK now. Sorry for your bout with salmonella. Glad to know you made it through. Fill us in on what has happened in your life when you have time!

Again, welcome back!

Senile Texas Aggie