Another displaced chicken addict

N F C

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey Girl, it's me...NFC! Glad to see you & your goats :)

N F C

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey Girl, it's me...NFC! Glad to see you & your goats :)

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes it is likely hard on the livestock having a noisy flock roll into the pasture.

Now that folks near me know I have more pullets I am getting asked if they can buy this or that from my flock. I don't think I want to sell any at all.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is likely hard on the livestock having a noisy flock roll into the pasture.

Now that folks near me know I have more pullets I am getting asked if they can buy this or that from my flock. I don't think I want to sell any at all.
Send them my way, I will be overrun soon. My barnevelder eggs shipped today, so maybe I can integrate them with the others which will be about a week older when they hatch.

Too many schemes.

My chickens are so spread out this time of year that it seems like I only have 30 or so. I seriously can't see how there are 85 chickens around here.

Leahs Mom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I always love seeing the photos of your goat area. It's so nice and clean looking with the straw down. And your goats look fantastic.

And... you're right. There are more posts here today than possibly the whole last year!!!!!

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It may be a bit of a drive for them lol. Thing is they always want my precious Aussies.

I did sell 3 to a good friend BUT I miss them. They were out of Bittys group from last summer.

I am looking forward to seeing what hatches from all those eggs you got.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I always love seeing the photos of your goat area. It's so nice and clean looking with the straw down. And your goats look fantastic.

And... you're right. There are more posts here today than possibly the whole last year!!!!!
My goats are spoiled bums. That straw is a winter's worth of wasted hay they pull out of the managers. Thankfully it composts down over the summer just in time for them to do it again.o_O

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It may be a bit of a drive for them lol. Thing is they always want my precious Aussies.

I did sell 3 to a good friend BUT I miss them. They were out of Bittys group from last summer.

I am looking forward to seeing what hatches from all those eggs you got.
I have one Australorp, she isn't my favorite, so I will put a stamp on her head and send her your way.

I super excited for my eggs. I'm sure they will hatch and will just be chicks, nothing magical or golden, but it's still exciting.

A couple more bantams have gone broody since I set them last week, they are all fighting over who gets to sit on them, they need more eggs. I will feel bad when I start snatching them when they hatch.