Any suggestions on where to find affordable alpacas in Texas?

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've been looking all over for fiber males in my area!

Most of what I'm finding for sale is breeding females, or males that are 2k+ for fiber. Is anyone on here from Texas that has alpacas or knows of someone that is in Texas with them?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
It is too bad you aren't in Ohio. You can find males for $200. I have two little guys here that I'm selling for $300 for the pair. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Texas.

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh man! The one with the blaze on his face is just the cutest! Wish shipping wasn't so expensive.

spectrumranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
AshleyFishy said:
I've been looking all over for fiber males in my area!

Most of what I'm finding for sale is breeding females, or males that are 2k+ for fiber. Is anyone on here from Texas that has alpacas or knows of someone that is in Texas with them?
Good friends that live at Ben Wheeler, TX raise alpacas, they did have several for sale. They have a Bed & Breakfast- here is a link to their website:
http://www.crosstimberranch.com

We usually try to get down to Texas each spring, if you have not found any by then we will probably have some for sale.

We usually have males starting at $250 and females starting around $750

Randy www.spectrumranch.net

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OOOOOHHHHHHH1 I want a camel! and a zebra! and some of those cool blue guinnea fowl!

sayyadina

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm in Maine, and I have some very nice fiber alpacas. I have an 18 micron fawn gelding for $500, plus some other very nice young alpacas that could sell for $500 each as fiber animals, with the option to upgrade to breeding status.

Our website is http://chf1752.com