Anybody raising Florida Whites?

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The FW babies are florishing and doing well. They will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I am extremely happy with the kits that came out of this litter.
1521_babiesnfoodmedia1.jpeg

1521_babyfood.jpeg

Out of 7, I feel like I have 1-2 show quality kits. I am looking forward to watching them grow more. As I am truely enjoying raising my new livestock.
hope you all enjoy the pictures

the lady with 4 dogs, 4 city chickens, 4 meat rabbits, 7 kits and a lizard

lklisk

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Your kits are beautiful.

I am happy with the ones that I am savig for breeders. One doe is a cross between a champian d Argent and a new zealand white she was bis enough to eat at 6 weeks. i am going to breed her to a new Zealand white.

I do not know how to put up pictuers???? HELP

I would still like to have a Florida white if any one knows were i can get one, I am in IA.

Yesterday I was showing my rabbits to a lady who buys eggs from me. She can not believe that I eat my rabbits. I ask her if she is a vegitarien. -- (No but I dont eat rabbits)

I guess she thinks chickens,cows,pigs and what ever she eats just comit suicide and say eat me! hhhmmm

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am in Kansas City and will have some available the end of the month.

I will have for sure, one show or 4-H buck and doe available.

The lady w/4 dogs, 4 city chickens, 4 meat rabbits and their kits and a lizard

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
lklisk said:
Your kits are beautiful.

I am happy with the ones that I am savig for breeders. One doe is a cross between a champian d Argent and a new zealand white she was bis enough to eat at 6 weeks. i am going to breed her to a new Zealand white.

I do not know how to put up pictuers???? HELP

I would still like to have a Florida white if any one knows were i can get one, I am in IA.

Yesterday I was showing my rabbits to a lady who buys eggs from me. She can not believe that I eat my rabbits. I ask her if she is a vegitarien. -- (No but I dont eat rabbits)

I guess she thinks chickens,cows,pigs and what ever she eats just comit suicide and say eat me! hhhmmm
I eat animals from the store just like everyone. Rabbits are not pets anymore then a cow is. They are prey food and we are carnivores. As one, I would prefer my food to live a better life then commercial meat animals live. All of the chicken, pork, bee,f bacon, lunch meat, eggs, ect..... that we get at the grocery store lives a miserable tortured life. So, I choose to raise meat rabbits, that I can handle and afford. As, I can not raise cows. My rabbits live a very nice life, with fresh air, plenty of room and great food. And, at 10-12 wks of age they have one bad second with me. Sounds to me like that was some lucky lucky meat rabbit to have fresh air and not stand in its own manure. And I can tell you one thing, I do my best NOT to waste my rabbit. Its like my little meat garden out there.
Maybe the egg lady needs to hear something like that. Rabbits are not dogs, or cats...... they are food items. Sometimes when we watch cartoons that is hard to remember. ;)

lklisk -- I will have a senior buck available the middle of next year or so. hit me up, been awhile since we have chatted.

reereechickens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread and I'm wondering if Florida Whites are right for me. My questions are:

1. What is their temperament like?

2. Litter size? Great Moms?

What have they been like for you? Good or bad?

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
reereechickens said:
I know this is an old thread and I'm wondering if Florida Whites are right for me. My questions are:

1. What is their temperament like?

2. Litter size? Great Moms?

What have they been like for you? Good or bad?
I've had no problems with my FW's. The litter sizes have been between 5&9. I had a doe with a 2wk old litter die and my other doe took on both litters. 10 total. All survived.

BYJR1434

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i just got into em for meat and showing, the reason i chose these guys, is because i have limited space at the moment, and they fit perfect. Quick ?? Has anyone here bred there FW buck to A different breed doe, ive got some NZ does And a rex doe that i want to breed with to see what i get.
---------------------------------------------------
Gotta Love that Oregon Rain!!!

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BYJR1434 said:
i just got into em for meat and showing, the reason i chose these guys, is because i have limited space at the moment, and they fit perfect. Quick ?? Has anyone here bred there FW buck to A different breed doe, ive got some NZ does And a rex doe that i want to breed with to see what i get.
---------------------------------------------------
Gotta Love that Oregon Rain!!!
Tried to breed my Sr. buck to a CA doe and he just couldnt get the job done period! LOLOL I kind of felt bad for the guy.
I have a bit bigger FW doe that I bred to a smaller CA buck. She had a litter of 5 in the middle of the hottest weather and 4 survived. They are looking really good
and I will be keeping the females. I know for sure I have a doe and 2 bucks... I did not catch the other one to check.
I actually have made a big change in rabbit breeds and she is the only FW I have left. I am curious to see if the FW/CA bred to a CA will influence bone size.
I am enjoying the new breeds and the next steps in my backyard rabbitry.