Anyone in PA with goats?????

sunne73

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am super interested in getting a goat and would like any helpful info, insight, visits etc.

dewey

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Is there a certain breed or purpose you're interested in? I always had nubians. :love

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
:welcome from New Jersey

There are several Goat Breeders from PA here.

K

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
sunne73 said:
I am super interested in getting a goat and would like any helpful info, insight, visits etc.
:welcome

PA is a big state. Where are you located?

I am in Thurmont MD, which is just south of Gettysburg, PA. PeaChick is in Maryland also, but really close to PA. And I am sure there are others.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
ThreeBoysChicks said:
sunne73 said:
:welcome

PA is a big state. Where are you located?

I am in Thurmont MD, which is just south of Gettysburg, PA. PeaChick is in Maryland also, but really close to PA. And I am sure there are others.
Excellent Points ThreeBoysChicks, Maryland isn't that far away from PA and this Poster would definitely get good healthy goats from you and Peachick. I'm still drooling over Peachicks Elvira and Ivy. lol.

K

sunne73

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys...I am in Harrisburg. I have driven 4 hours for chickens and certainly wouldn't mind doing so for goats. I only have 3 acres so I do not want goats that will get too big. I have been thinking about this for a while and now I am ready to get into the learn all I can while I design a nice shelter phase. Again, any experience, insight will help. Are they like chickens and need 1 or more to be happy? Do I need to have a male present at all times or only just to breed as I would like a dairy goat (guess I should have mentioned that already) for milk. I will definately check out the members that ya all mentioned. Thanks again.

Latest posts