Awww darn it. He only has one...

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The buckling we got to use next year for stud was born September 22nd and I discovered today he only has one testicle. Ant chance the other one will come down at this age???

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Not likely it will descend at this point on it's own...and even if it did it would dead. If the kids are due to be terminal animals then you could still use him but if they serve another purpose then I'd get another buck(ling).

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks Elevan. That's what I was afraid of. ( Sigh) Due to the weird weather here his mom gave birth to twin boys out of season. He's a Toggenburg. ........Drat, drat, drat! I really like that little guy, he's a sweety! :(
I was going to breed him to my mixed dairy does next year............:barnie

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Undecended testes can be either genetic or congenital but I wouldn't take the chance on him. He probably has lower fertility and might not get the job done anyways.

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks Jodie, I'm so bummed about it. I thought about keeping him as a wether but not sure how that would go so I'm gonna advertise him as a weed eater/ pet. I just don't want to get anymore attached than I am already. :(

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks Jodie, I'm so bummed about it. I thought about keeping him as a wether but not sure how that would go so I'm gonna advertise him as a weed eater/ pet. I just don't want to get anymore attached than I am already. :(

I recently had the same thing with a set of twin bucklings, one had an undescended testicle, and unfortunately, did not make it through the surgery to wether him. Vet has no idea why. The other buckling is just fine.