Bad disbudding?

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have never even seen polled. But you all are saying they still have horn nubs as polled? The first one I did that day had quite the horn buds coming in. This ones nubs weren't quite as big but I did then the same day anyway.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Polled goats have to have at least one polled parent, they do not skip a generation.

The iron should stay hot if you have a good one and if you are using an extension cord it has to be heavy duty, 12 gauge is best. And the longer the cord the heavier it needs to be.

I was just reburn or take him to a vet that will do the deed.

Moody

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a rhinehart x-50A and I don't use an extension cord so it was hot enough.

The red and round is what looks weird to me...

I must have done an awful job on him.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had a doeling we got as a bottle baby whose looked like this after a little while. (Month-ish maybe.?) We reburned them before/around 8 weeks and she is 3 now and no scurs or anything. Interestingly she was done by a breeder who has 20 yrs experience and her twin sister had to be re-done too. The person who bought her sister lives 5 minutes away from me so I reburned her for them. It wasn't puss. I think the bud just wasn't burned enough.

We've had some babies get puss under them but they look more crusty and smell pretty bad.