1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Disbudding

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Goats' started by Georgia Girl, May 29, 2019.

1. May 29, 2019
    Georgia Girl

Georgia Girl Overrun with beasties

I took my 4 baby goats at 4 days to the vet to have them disbudded, the vet said he was going to do it with a laser and do a pain block. They are now 4 weeks old and have horns, not scurs growing in. I think the vet needs to know what are poor job was done and I now think they are too old to be redone. What is your opinion of letting the vet know. I think I was charged for a professional disbudding and it is much worse than any lay disbudding I have seen. I took goats in at the age they recommended and now have to contend with perhaps not being able to sell them because of the horns.

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  2. May 29, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

I'd at least send 'em a pic and let them know that their procedure gave a less than satisfactory outcome - in a nice way. :)

Georgia Girl and B&B Happy goats like this.
  3. May 29, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I would let them know what is going on and ask for either a refund or a redo.....you have nonthing to loose !

Georgia Girl likes this.