Barn Cam

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a first freshener ready to pop any day now. She is a HUGE, waddling, mess. We installed a netcam in the barn last night and I absolutely love it. I thought for sure she would go last night or today but she is hanging in there. But, since it is a web cam I can still keep a vigilant watch over her while I'm at work tonight. I would definately reccomend it to anyone who wants to keep an eye on their livestock whenever they want from the comfort of their living room or anywhere else you have internet access.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a first freshener ready to pop any day now. She is a HUGE, waddling, mess. We installed a netcam in the barn last night and I absolutely love it. I thought for sure she would go last night or today but she is hanging in there. But, since it is a web cam I can still keep a vigilant watch over her while I'm at work tonight. I would definately reccomend it to anyone who wants to keep an eye on their livestock whenever they want from the comfort of their living room or anywhere else you have internet access.

What brand did you use? We are thinking of doing that too.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have Netgear cameras along with our security system for our little farmhouse since we are there so little. We leave our house and outbuildings open when our contractor needs access to them and it is nice knowing what's going on when we aren't there. We only feed 4 cameras now but have the capability for 4 more.

The cameras send video independent of the cell security system emails so the phone can get busy at times. :)

GrovelandBromos

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How exciting!
I have a video baby monitor i got for free from babies r us and im planning on using it for the goats. Dont need it yet, but I'm really excited to be able to keep an eye on them!

omani

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We got a Videosecu wireless IP camera (IPP105B) from Amazon. I absolutely love it. Full colour and infrared, pan and tilt. The camera is good in temps of -10*C to +50*C. You can install the free viewing app for apple, android or pc. Unfortunatly, my wireless router isn't powerful enough to reach out to the goats. I had to install a signal repeater. But it was worth it. I love the fact that I don't have to go out every couple of hours to check on them. And with her being close to kidding, I can check up on things while we're away, right on my phone.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
My husband got me a wireless baby monitor camera from Menards that works great! No internet needed. The barn is about 100 feet from where I put the monitor and it definitely helped last year to not have to run outside constantly.

omani

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Most wireless cameras work through line of sight. Even though obstructions will lower signal strength, it should be good enough to get a good picture 100' - 150' away. Mine was closer to 200', so I needed a booster.
It came in real handy last night. We had temps. in the single digits, wind chills in the -20s and snow coming down at 2" -3" an hour. We could sit in the house and watch the goats. Right up until I heard the doe scream and saw something sticking out of her butt. We got out there just in time to catch the first kid and help dry it off. If we didn't have that camera, she would have given birth between trips. And with the weather the way it was, I'm afraid of what could have happened to those babies.