Battling varroa mites

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any bee keeping supply house will have it. Mann Lake, and Dadant are two that come to my mind easily.

Cmclean

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Any bee keeping supply house will have it. Mann Lake, and Dadant are two that come to my mind easily.
Ok, thank you. We are new to this and expect our package of bees to arrive in the spring. (One hive) from what I am reading should we proactively treat for mites at the beginning when we first introduce our bees to their new hive?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have horrible luck with my bees but I don't check on them enough and they often swarm. Yes, treat for mites proactively. There are ways to do mite counts to make sure that the treatments are working but I just don't have the time to do them. (I own a new goat dairy). Do a lot of reading and research, bees can be a steep learning curve.

Cmclean

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have horrible luck with my bees but I don't check on them enough and they often swarm. Yes, treat for mites proactively. There are ways to do mite counts to make sure that the treatments are working but I just don't have the time to do them. (I own a new goat dairy). Do a lot of reading and research, bees can be a steep learning curve.
Thank you for the advice!