Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The 2 registered ones are wormy stunted messes. I agree with sending those to auction. They are sunk cost and not a benefit to the breed. Snell Cornish, the lady @Baymule got them from should be ashamed for selling them.

Baymule's homegrown nice recorded I would list and sell as such with a registered ramling as a starter flock.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No way I would sell those two registered ewes face to face. I’ll take their papers to auction and let the chips lay where they fall. The bigger ewe is nice, she is due like now and we’ll see what she has and what kind of momma she is. But the other two, I’ll take my licks and move on.

June Snell Cornish is a blight on the Katahdin breed. She is the breeder, I’ll include their papers with her breeder name on them at auction.

I will advertise MY three percentage ewes on Craigslist. What I don’t sell on the farm, ewe lambs by word of mouth, I will advertise. But this SHEEP HOARDER is already picking out the ones she wants to keep…..

I have a young registered ram, a white one. I could make a starter pack with him and MY three recorded ewes.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BTX 1901 registered ewe, was sold as a 3 year old because she only singled. I got a single ewe lamb from her and Ringo.

SHE JUST HAD TRIPLETS!!!

IMG_6280.jpeg

This makes 20 lambs from 8 ewes!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
All set and ready to butcher chickens and Big Girl dropped a lamb. White with brown freckles. There’s gotta be another one in there! Can’t go kill chickens now, gotta make sure she doesn’t have any trouble

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think you should take a page from the feeding/dry lot/ drought situation with all these triplets being born... maybe do a repeat type scenario next year????
Congrats on more....
Ewes are making up for the extended "vacation" you gave them with all the moving and bad timing for breeding during that time .....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I’m catching up. Big Girl had triplets. She is a terrible woman ewe, but better than the other two. Now a keeper for sure, if she is a good momma to them.

IMG_6285.jpeg

I got 10 more chickens on ice, 15 yesterday. Gonna haul off guts, come back, check on lambs, process chickens. Tired.