Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gripe session. My DD and DSIL will finally be leaving in hopefully a few minutes for the 4 hour drive to my sisters house. They actually were going to leave at 9 AM, but the battery was dead. If in fact, they leave soon, plus a potty stop along the way, they will arrive at my sisters house at 3:30—maybe. Nope. Just got a text, ETA is 4:00. When they have somewhere to go, they drag around and take their time. How they make it to work on time, I don’t know.

It’s raining at my sister’s, will start here in an hour. By the time they get there, change car seats, visit a bit and I leave, it will still be raining and I’ll drive home mostly in the dark on narrow roads. Gripe.

Me? I’d be up and at ‘em bright and early. I know they can’t help a dead battery, but every time, it’s always something. Sigh.

I’m going outside to do evening feeding because I’ll be home late and it will be dark. And raining. I’ll leave a little early so I can fill up car and stop at grocery store for kid cereal, milk and eggs. Because once we load up, I’m not stopping.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving is canceled. I have a runny nose and sore throat. Because of my sister’s health problems I stopped at a drug store and bought 2 Covid tests. I’m positive for Covid. Bummer. I called DD and my sister and came home.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
After all the preparation, worry, air beds vs cots, and more.

Should we be worried that you just had a new knee put in? Should you check in with that Dr that you JUST did a meet & greet with?
I’m going to the er in the morning. And I call the surgeon Monday.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is so disappointing but don't worry too much about the positive test. The new Covid strains are nowhere near as bad as the earliest ones. Stay home and eat chicken soup. Jewish penicillin! Always works. And you can finish your shelves between naps. You have probably been doing too much. :hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
After all the preparation, worry, air beds vs cots, and more.

Should we be worried that you just had a new knee put in? Should you check in with that Dr that you JUST did a meet & greet with?

ER doctor said no worries, the infection to worry about would be staph. Covid doesn’t target joint replacement.

They gave me 2 Tylenol and sent me home.