Baymule’s Journal

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m back home. Backed trailer up much better than yesterday and dropped it.

Didn’t back trailer at auction barn. I checked the sheep in, pulled around to unload and spotted a vaquero motioning me to back up. Ummm nope. I got out and told him that I’m terrible at backing a trailer and would he please back it up for me. He did. @Devonviolet and her husband got out of their truck, she laughed and sad great way to play the damsel in distress. LOL

We had coffee, then watched the auction. We enjoyed it, Devonviolet was fascinated and kept up with the auctioneer real well.

I recognized my sheep when they came through. 3 of them were white, but I knew their faces. One was a white with brown head, ram lamb. He is a week short of being 3 months old. He brought $180! A 10 month old white ram brought $330, white ewe brought $250 and a young ewe brought $210. Total $970, less commissions $887.
I am very happy with that. Plus had a lot of fun with @Devonviolet and her husband.
I had a great time at the auction!!! This was a much nicer auction than where we took Latestarter’s goats! :flypig I’m pretty sure we will be taking goats to auction here some day. :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a diesel leak. :barnie :tongue :he When I dropped the trailer yesterday, i saw the blow back on the trailer. I parked the truck and shoved a piece of cardboard under it. Leak puddles don't show up very well on dirt....... Sure enough, puddles. :somad:rantJust spent $490 on it a few weeks ago. Had a busted fuel line, had to trailer the truck home, 125 miles. At least this time I'm home. I'll take it back to the shop tomorrow. Truck is a 2004, I'm sure the fuel lines are conspiring against me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took the truck to the shop Monday. Fuel leak and oil leak. Picked up truck Tuesday, I’ll go by tomorrow and see if the bill is ready and pay it.

Heat wouldn’t come on. Robert came over and together, doing who knows what, it came on. Overnight it became clear that heat was barely trickling out of the vents. Called repairman. The blower capacitor was about done, got a new one. Bill $116.81 I have heat now.

Went today and bought a registered ewe. She is a pretty girl. Ringo has a new girlfriend.

A3DA58D8-F599-49A6-8938-6D7D39604C7C.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anything you spend on the house within the 12 months of selling is deductible. Technically repairs of items that are necessary for house sale like roof, heat, water, light, aren't, but . . . .

I used to do the whole back up, get out and check, pull forward, back p get out and check, repeat thing until someone told me to put a broom handle in the top of the trailer wheel. Then all you have to do is center the broom handle on the tailgate and back up. Works like a charm.

I love your journal. Lovely young ewe. What flock is she from?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get one of those magnetic things that sticks up. I used to hold a stick on the hitch for BJ and motion to him left or right and when to stop. Teamwork. I was using the 2 bolts on the tailgate (between them) and a rusty spot on the trailer. LOL LOL

The ewe came from NP Ranch. I'm not real familiar with the bloodlines. I have a lot to learn there. For now, her name is NPR0072. She is also enrolled in NSIP. I plan on joining that program and keeping all my registered stock in NSIP.

I seem to have a whole lot of white sheep. I sure wish a couple of those spotty lambs I had in February had been girls, but noooooo all the spotty ones were boys and the girls were white.

I am looking forward to moving because I know that will be a step closer to finding my home. I want to expand my flock and get serious about raising quality sheep. I want to keep Miranda's bloodline, so will record her and Ringo's offspring. Yeah, I got a lot to learn and a long way to go, but it's going to be fun.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took down 3 cow panels, a half cow panel and a horse panel. I pulled 17 T-posts and had to leave one. I watered the hole, it may take awhile.

I loaded up a little lady to go to her new home, she is not happy about her accommodations. Wait until I start down the road, she’s really going to hate me. But only have to go into town, so it won’t be that bad on her.

A7C460C2-FF43-4BB2-872D-C438ECB94ADE.jpeg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The windows face the highway. My DD gave me the drapes they took down in the house they bought. They are worse than ugly, they are FUGLY! But at least they will cover the windows and keep people from driving by and looking through the house.
Just had to toss in.... I like the color of those curtains.

:lol:

Nice warm color. Looks like fire.

Latest posts