Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, we don’t usually get this much rain all at one time. News showed people going to the West Fork of the San Jancinto River to see how high so they can know when to cut and run for high ground. It’s higher now than it was in Hurricane Harvey.

Trinity River Authority is releasing 120,000 cubic feet of water per second, higher than it’s ever been. In Hurricane Harvey release was 110,000 cubic feet per second. That is Lake Livingston , all downriver is in a terrible flood.

Another round of heavy storms are possible tomorrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan thats why I don’t live in a low lying area. My road is lower than the land on both sides, so it gets flooded, but drains off pretty quickly. My place gets wet, but either runs off, in the road LOL, or soaks in. It’s squishy out there right now. But I’m high enough that I don’t worry about floods.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is really sad about the downriver floods, is the poor people who cannot pay the $8,000 a year for flood insurance. They are poor to start with, floods take away what little they have. BJ and I had a furniture store in Livingston for 7 years. When we delivered new furniture we picked up the old furniture. We had a huge back room and stored the used furniture there. People came in that lost everything in fire or flood and we let them pick out whatever they wanted and we delivered it to them, free of charge. It was very humbling to see what people were grateful to get.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our County Commissioner nd crew have a lot of work to do! He posts on FB o let people know what they are doing to fix things.

IMG_6504.png

IMG_6507.png

IMG_6508.png

IMG_6509.png

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
HOLY COW!!!!!!! People stay put! These are times when drones for county use would be a major help. Maybe they have some. People in these areas, so sad for them.

Sorry for your sister but, we know the hard decision to move is best. Especially given her current health. I'm so thankful for what I have and blessed to be here, still able to function well. We just can't forget others who may not be so fortunate.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister called and sounded much better. Decision is made, now move forward on that. She already looking at somewhere to move to.

Water got into the second story. It was almost there when she was rescued out the window and water continued to rise. She is done. Looking for a place that doesn’t flood. I’m so happy to hear that.

Latest posts