Baymule’s Journal

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Even Fox News has your sister on their site; a little more than half way down the page.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was my birthday. I went to see my sister. Her best friend took her to a doctors appointment , so I got there at 12. We went to lunch, had a good time. Sister needed her prescriptions, so I ran into Sam’s while they waited outside in the car. Neither one gets around very good. Went to a pet store for allergy medicine for one of her dogs. Then we started on County offices, trying to find where she could get another copy of the FEMA buyout paperwork, since hers was on her coffee table, under many feet of water. Best friend drove the one way streets, where you have to go several blocks up, turn, turn again, to finally be at the building where you want to go. I have assimilated to dead end dirt roads, I like the traffic on them much better. On the fourth stop, she finally got a phone number to call. Of course that office was already closed for the day.

Sister is in good spirits, with a positive attitude, looking forward to buying a new home where flood waters cannot reach her. She is starting to look at apartments, she will need 6 months to a year before it is all settled and she can go buy another home. She is walking better and looked much better. Just that was the best birthday present anybody could have.

In my own county, misery continues. Got more rain Sunday. The Trinity River had gone down a little, but quickly rose back up. The sheriff is talking about a food drive to help people who have lost everything. If you have FB, you might want to watch his videos to get an idea of the devastation.

On the San Jancinto River, it is also misery. Water has gone down at my sisters house, but the road is still flooded, so can’t get there. She will not salvage anything that was under water. Second story did not take water, it was right there, but upstairs was dry. Her son waded in to check on it for her.

Lake Conroe is basically a holding tank for Lake Houston. There are very nice housing subdivisions in Kingwood and other areas. Upscale, expensive homes. Both dams have STOPPED releasing water except for the barely minimum amount to keep the river flowing. Why? Because they maintain a certain level in the lakes for the water supply in Houston. So water has stopped draining. All those fine homes are now sitting in stagnant nasty flood waters. The people in Houston must have water in the taps, so it sucks to be a flood victim.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well great, just great. The storm that spawned the tornadoes in Oklahoma, has risen northward but is looping back around and coming to Texas. Supposed to arrive on Mothers Day. Hopefully the storms won’t be bad, but we sure don’t need the rain.

I drove the mule in the back field, I want to get started on clearing the back fence. I’ll have to mow the tall grass before I get started. It’s too wet to mow. It’s too wet to even drive the mule back there, so I came back to the house and parked it.

It’s so wet that the lone oak tree in the middle of the field fell over. Darn.

IMG_6538.jpeg

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked at the emoji’s to see who thought it was funny. @Sequestered Ridge Ranch of course you are laughing, you know exactly where it is, your old stomping grounds. I was laughing too. Twisted humor, it’s the best!

For folks trying to get to the other side, it’s a looooooong way around!

Latest posts