BAYMULE FINALLY HAS SHEEP!! BABIES!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i am so envious of your black babies. my ewes keep giving me white and or tan babies. if your dh just has to have tan lambs I'm sure i can come up with a couple. have a tan with a big white face going to freezer camp next week. that is unless Raymond the black changes things. they are sooo cute. I'm so happy that you have lambs to love.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats.
Just saw this.

Did you know they were expecting?
Yes, we bought them as bred ewes. I was told they were due anytime between NOW and March. :idunno I watched these two ewes get HUGE, their bags filled and hung down for WEEKS!! :barnieI checked on them multiple times a day, in the evenings when I fed and put them up for the night and at 10:00 at night before bed. Have one more to lamb. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
i am so envious of your black babies. my ewes keep giving me white and or tan babies. if your dh just has to have tan lambs I'm sure i can come up with a couple. have a tan with a big white face going to freezer camp next week. that is unless Raymond the black changes things. they are sooo cute. I'm so happy that you have lambs to love.

My ewes are half Dorper and half Katahdin. From what I have seen, the Dorper color of all white with a black head goes spotted and splotchy when cross bred.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was gone all day and DH fed the animals for me as it was late when I got back. Our neighbor texted that he was on his way with a round bale for the horses, so we grabbed a flashlight and out back we went. We got the bale in the hay ring and visited a few minutes. Sheepalicious could hear me talking and BAAAA BAAAAA BAAAA 'ed at the top of her little sheepy lungs. Her lambs were in the shelter, snug in a bed of hay, but she was standing at the wire of the enclosure yelling at me. I just had to go see her. I got a handful of feed, she slurped it up as I talked to her and then she was fine. How sweet! melted my heart. :love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had another lamb born Monday. Our grand daughter spent the day with us because she was out of school and she named the new lamb Lily. Lady Baa Baa is Lily's mom. Lily is brown with one white foot and a white tip on her tail She is so cute! Lady Baa Baa pawed a depression in the dirt under a big cedar tree for Lily to lay in.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

IMG_0111.JPG

Our grand daughter named the other ewe lambs, the white one is Snowflake and the black one with one white leg and tail is Zebra.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

The two ram lambs were wethered today. Russell, our neighbor that is building the barn said he could do it, so we did. I held the lambs just like @Bossroo said to and Russell cut them. I am glad to have that done. It didn't look that hard to do. Next year I will probably get Russell to help again, but I want to do it myself so I will know how. The wethers will be raised for slaughter.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 91