Baymule's 500 Pound Boar!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The breakfast sausage I made with no casing. I layered it with wax paper to freeze it, so it wouldn’t smush flat when I vacuum sealed it. This morning I broke it apart, peeled the wax paper off, bagged and vacuum sealed it. It is not smoked, it is fresh sausage. We smoked the stuffed sausage.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought a meat grinder today - Yay! I'm going to try my hand at some sausage. Might start with goat/pork mixture.
Did you get the sausage stuffing tubes? Making your own sausage is easy and so good, stuffed or pan patties. We really like the skinless breakfast sausage.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My grinder is 35ish years old, I still have the original box, it is price tagged $64.95 And it was MADE IN AMERICA. It is not a big one and I sometimes dream of a bigger one that would accept chunks of meat instead of little cubes, but it works for me.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I specifically bought this one at Wal-Mart because of their ease of return policy. It didn't get top review points, but I'm going to give it a chance. If it doesn't do what I need it to do it'll be returned and I'll shell out the extra dollars to get a unit better suited to what I need.