Best Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Please

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbors can be such a pain...I have some too. :thFortunately their house is rented out right now...actually RIGHT now it is empty...even better. If your neighbors aren't using the land around the drive why do they care what you do? I don't get it. But I sure would make a fuss every time their dog steps onto your property; take pictures and write it down if needed.

I was wondering if the goats could get to browse from the backside of land and eat their way towards the driveway. Then you could put up the temporary hot wire right next to the drive and let them munch away. Just because you can't BUILD a fence or a structure doesn't mean the animals can't be there on a temporary "we are eating and earning our keep" basis.

And then there is always praying that the neighbors will sell out and leave. :D

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL.....the neighbours are trying to sell their property, but we've been told by other neighbours that they are asking too much money! It would appear they are now renting out a smaller house on their property as the traffic along OUR drive has increased a lot. :(

I'm afraid I don't 'get' what you mean about the goats browsing the backside of land and eating towards the driveway....Do you mean along the boundary fenceline, but behind it? There is barbed wire fencing behind the scrub on the fenceline and behind that boundary is a small canal between us and the other neighbours (who also have free roaming dogs across our property. They slip through gaps in the fence!).

We moved in here last October.....there's been so much to do on this property...feels like we must have bottomless pockets and our money keeps slipping through holes! My husband is our 'family accountant' and takes his job very seriously. There's not a lot of money to play with at the moment....(we are missionaries and so we rely on support).

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe there would be room for them to browse between your property line and the driveway. The fence on the property line would be permanent and the one on the driveway would be electric netting but if you don't have good property line fences that may not work.
upload_2016-7-31_21-41-38.png

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean...LOL. I looked at doing something like this but felt there wasn't enough width along that area to do something like that.

Ok, I've now been out and measured that width. It's 42" wide at the narrowest part, and 57" at the widest part (except for the bend in the drive where it curves around the corner up towards the neighbour's gate. It's much wider there, about 1 - 1.5 meters). These widths wouldn't be enough for the goats to turn around would they? And they would have to forage pretty close to the wire.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, probably not enough room. Maybe you could talk to your neighbor about setting a "date" for your goats where they could spend a day or two eating and put up a temporary gate for the day or maybe a few hours every day.

Just because they have the right to use the driveway doesn't mean they have the right to have renters that use the driveway. What a pain. Hopefully they will sell and then maybe you can work out some kind of agreement with new owners. The dogs running loose would make me very nervous though...that really needs to stop. I have seen too many goats killed by dogs.

chiques chicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have no idea how long your driveway is, but at <60", is be termed to say the best option would be to daily cut a section and take the browser to the goats.

I'm assuming your goal is to get rid of the brush.

Obviously the best option is to gate the drive, but that option isn't available. The only ultrasonic pest repellers I've ever tried were for small rodents and I found them ineffective. Very little will deter a determined dog. Hot wire, high fence, eradication seem to be about the best. And I had a small beagle that could climb a six foot chain link fence.

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I do currently cut brush and take it to the goats pen. I had been hoping to find a way to be able to let them free range as currently they are penned 24/7 which I don't like as I feel it's unfair to them. I've tried taking them around the drive on a lead, but seriously, it's not an easy thing to have 3 goats running in all directions. It's a 3 person job, and the kids aren't always happy to oblige.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, here's photos of our driveway.

You can see the orange wall at the entrance of our driveway. There's great forage to be had on both sides of the driveway.
View attachment 20200

This next photo shows this forage up closer. Unfortunately I don't think there's enough room here to put an electric fence down this side of the driveway??
View attachment 20201
I think I see the origin of the problem. Looks like a powerline runs down the side of that roadway as well, and anywhere I have ever lived in the world, an easement is granted to the power company, whether private or govt owned. One of the stipulations in those official easements is that nothing can be built on that easement that might impede the power companys' vehicles and equipment, or that the powerline might fall on should there be a wind storm . This is probably where your neighbor is getting the "you can't put anything up along the road" thing.

I have a similar deeded easement all along the west side of my property--it too began as a powerline easement decades ago. 35' wide easement, and I cannot put a fence up closer than 17.5' either side of centerline of the easement. I am allowed tho, to put gates across it, as long as I leave them unlocked or allow the power company to put one of their own locks in the chain behind my own lock, if for nothing else than to allow the meter reader full access.

You may not need an attorney to sort this out.
You will need to go down to whatever Thai entity serves the equivalent of local county clerk office in Thailand and find out what deed restrictions actually apply.

Easements, even in the USA are a funny thing. Pictured below, is the survey plat for 17.3ac I purchased (top left) as well as a separate parcel I own (41.4ac bottom).The easement is denoted by a broken line with the letter 'E". The roughly square shaped solid blue line is the propertyline for that 17.4 ac. Note that it includes the easement and that at the top (North) side, the property line extends out into nearly the middle of a paved state highway; FM 945. That easement was granted many decades ago when the state took over what was then not much more than a pig trail of a dirt road.

There is another 41.4 acres (not included in this plat) just to the south of me belong to one of my sisters--it too has a powerline easement along it's west side and serves as my primary entrance/exit road.
17.4.jpg

The above plat was created during a survey made when I sold that 17.4 acres to someone outside my family. The title company called me a week before closing, and said closing would be delayed because none of the 3 current titles met Texas statutes in regards to egress and digress. It is no longer eagl to sell a piece of property if it would landlock another piece of property--an egress/digress easement MUST be granted and spelled out in the deeds. This of course, was to my advantage, since I was "the one n the middle". At closing the new owner and I discussed the easement with the title company rep. She explained that the easement was solely between the parties involved and no one else. Myself, my sister, the new owner and the power company and it's representatives. None of us landowners can legally authorize anyone else to travel over the portions of the easement that is on another's property--not my friends, new owner's friends, not relatives or anyone else. It's just binding between the 4 parties involved. The easement property itself is still ours of course--we pay taxes on it and maintain it--yes, the new owner, just as I did, is paying property taxes on the portion of that 17.4 acres that lies under and along state road FM 945..

You may find, that there really isn't any kind of relative law at all in Thailand--it may just be a cultural tradition, which would probably be more difficult than a real law, but if you do find that you can legally place a gate across the road, I would suggest a solar powered electric gate and just give the other guy the keypad code.