Blazing Acres 1st Kidding Thread:samssimonsays olive surprise!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Oh yes! He is identical color to mom with Nubian everything else and the frosted ears and nose along with the more Roman nose! They came out strong in him! He's a chunk a monk lol. So sweet and laid back at only an hour old he knew who his people were.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you going to wether him?

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhh....congrats! How exciting - I remember my first babies about a hundred years ago, lol. You never forget that!
This is for sure a very special day for us. Very special. One of our first goats has the first baby here. In fact. She's the goat that won my husband over to even think about dairy goats or more than two goats. So it's an extra special birth. I've waited two years for this lol.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Be ready for pic over load hahah. I'm in looove.

Stella a first meeting. It was love at first sight.
IMG_20170415_215105_391.jpg
IMG_20170415_211616_294.jpg
IMG_20170415_214254_075.jpg

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Well, Tilda was supposed to be day 145 tomorrow but she came into heat again in February so I need her. So I don't know.... She's not showing any signs of being far along and I know some goats don't. She all of a sudden developed a little bit of an udder on one side yesterday. I'll be making another stall and watching her closely just in case but I don't have high hopes for her to kid. She had a precotious udder last year as well so it could just be that.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
The buckling Olive had is beautiful! Will you be keeping him?
We will not be keeping him. We are moving towards a papered Nubian herd and will be selling his daddy Roscoe as well. Olive and tilda will be out only non papered Nubian goats that we keep. Olive is milking like a dream and she delivered a nearly 10# kid on her own. She's also about 20-40# smaller than our other goats so that is a major plus for us. She's also an excellent mom so we are excited to see what the years to come bring with her. Tilda is half Nubian half saanan so she will be a milker as well. Their daughters will make great milking additions to any family looking for a good milker without the price tag a papered pure bred brings. Higher butter fat and good udders and capacity should come along with the doelings produced by any of our girls. Eeek! We will see what Cece and scarlet out on the ground next year and determine if we hold any back or not from either of them.