Bought A New Horse! **Photos Added**

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mylie is here and in her paddock. She's munching away on the field (it's an alfalfa field that we've mown down to almost nothing, theres also quite a lot of grass out there too just incase you're wondering!). She seems content, and Luna doesn't seem to care anymore that she is there. My only concern is that now she is at home, she won't come up to me. At Gabriele's place she was just hanging out eating hay and I was able to pet her, pick up her feet, etc.

I'm hoping by the end of the week she'll have settled in enough and trust me enough that she'll come up to me readily like Luna does.

I'm putting her on some grain despite her weight just so she has a reason to come up to me, she'll be on about 1 cup of Purina Horse Chow twice a day so I think with the grain and me going down to see her and her settling in, she should come around.

I spoke to her farrier/trainer today and he said she was a very quick learner and she has a bright future despite the fact that he'd wished he could have kept her a bit longer for training. I'm hoping to get him to do some finishing training on her but I realize he's a busy farrier who services from our area all the way to the 519 area code (that's a huge distance) and may not be able to be here to train her. I might have to look into getting someone local to come out and train her.

Latest posts