Breed ID please

CrazyAboutAnimals

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My friend found a tame rabbit that was most likely dumped, she is thinking about keeping it, but asked me for advice, and the breed if possible.
Would love any possible ideas!
IMG_0382[1].JPG
IMG_0385[1].JPG
IMG_0394[1].JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Color is chestnut, which is the default/"wild" color. Are both ears flopped over? It's probably at least part Lop of some sort; when I was in grade school I had a "mini Lop" that started out with both ears up and one then the other flopped over as she grew up. She didn't stay mini though lol.

Can you weigh it? That might help narrow down the potential breed, but it's possible it's a mixed breed mutt and you might never know the breed history.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about Lop breeds will come along and give you a better answer.

CrazyAboutAnimals

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Color is chestnut, which is the default/"wild" color. Are both ears flopped over? It's probably at least part Lop of some sort; when I was in grade school I had a "mini Lop" that started out with both ears up and one then the other flopped over as she grew up. She didn't stay mini though lol.

Can you weigh it? That might help narrow down the potential breed, but it's possible it's a mixed breed mutt and you might never know the breed history.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about Lop breeds will come along and give you a better answer.
Thank you so much for your input!!! One ear is always up (whenever i have seen it), and the other always down. She found another one nearby who was also probably dumped, we are sure they lived together before being dumped, and that one is identical except for it always has the opposite ear up and down. He/she rabbit, is very soft if that helps, and a little smaller than a regular Lionhead rabbit, also feels about a healthy weight. Thanks again for your help.