Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
True but I would like to get the rest of it at least cut to 8'. Blocking to 16" would get it drying some. But I'm not gonna go out through deep snow. Didn't get chains, probably couldn't lift them anyway, and the last thing I need is to have the tractor stuck out there for the winter ;)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
True but I would like to get the rest of it at least cut to 8'. Blocking to 16" would get it drying some. But I'm not gonna go out through deep snow. Didn't get chains, probably couldn't lift them anyway, and the last thing I need is to have the tractor stuck out there for the winter ;)
So get your butt moving and get working :plbb:plbb:plbb

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
But RA, snow! Gonna be a mess. Snowed about 3", near freezing so wet, just above freezing now so mush that will freeze. Temp dropping over the next couple of days and the low Thurs AM is supposed to be about 12°.

Why don't you send that snow down here. We would love to have some snow for a change.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had 1.3 inches of COLD rain Sunday aft and Monday. Then just cloudy and dreary today and temps barely hit mid 40's. They are calling for a rain/ice/sleet/snow "EVENT" here starting Wed night/early Thurs a.m.. Up to 1/4 inch ice/sleet and roads will be a mess. About a month early for us. It was in the 50's and 60's and we made hay 10 days ago.... Got to test a farm Wed that is 70 miles from me but should be home by 8-9 p.m. Got one scheduled for Thurs aft. but it will depend on the weather. I don't go out in it anymore if it is bad. Got the 4x4 ford ranger farm truck to get around for the cows I have to go do. Then clearing and cold for a week or so starting on Friday I think.
Gonna be a tough winter I think.