Bruce's Journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. @Bruce, sir!

I saw the weather forecast earlier today for your area. It seems that you, Miss @RollingAcres, Miss @rachels.haven, and Miss @misfitmorgan will be getting a big wallop of winter weather. This for you folks:

Let us know how you make it through the nastiness.

Senile Texas Aggie

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had sleet and freezing rain yesterday. Wasn't really all that bad since other than the 3/4 mile of dirt road we live on the roads were salted and not slippery. Took it easy on our road. DD2 was at her midstation position at the ski area, said it was sleet and freezing rain all day there too. Given the direction the high winds were coming from, one of the other "mostly bunny trails" lifts was shut down so her lift was extra busy. DW didn't have any trouble on her 35 mile one way commute either. Happy enough to be following a plow on the 50 MPH road at 30 MPH, she left plenty of time to get to work.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weather here wasn't bad. We got 1-2" of snow overnight/ early morning, then we got rain from about 7.30am until 11am then we got hail for about 10 minutes then it went to sunshine then an almost blizzard with no real accumulation around 2pm and everything stopped by 3.30pm. Most any snow that hit the ground was gone by 4pm. Todays high is 41F :D =D I am loving this warmer winter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know. She's only been a permanent PO employee since 2015 so I don't know when she is even retirement eligible. She'll be 58 on Sunday.
She has a few years to go then. I know she has your support and from what you post, you are pretty good at helping to lighten her chores around the house.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know. She's only been a permanent PO employee since 2015 so I don't know when she is even retirement eligible. She'll be 58 on Sunday.

I think it's 10yrs for PO which would be good cause she should be eligable for retirement at the same time as she could start her pension from the PO.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She has a few years to go then. I know she has your support and from what you post, you are pretty good at helping to lighten her chores around the house.
True, her only "permanent" household task is laundry. Given she's got nearly an hour drive to work and again to get home and works 5 full days and one half day a week, she doesn't really have a lot of extra time other than unwinding.

Weather here wasn't bad.
You must have felt like you were living in a snow globe!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
True, her only "permanent" household task is laundry. Given she's got nearly an hour drive to work and again to get home and works 5 full days and one half day a week, she doesn't really have a lot of extra time other than unwinding.

You must have felt like you were living in a snow globe!
:lol: yes a bit