Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
STA!!!! You have returned!!!!!!!! We were really worried Covid got you or something :( SUPER GLAD you have come back :D

I've watched videos of the Lewis winch, seems a good product but it needs a powerhead even bigger than the one on my Echo so it gets pretty pricey. Plus I don't think I'd want to be swapping the winch for the bar and chain while out logging. I did buy the cone, will consider the block. Not sure how one is supposed to keep the line/cable in the block prior to putting tension on it unless there is a helper to keep it stable. For now I can try my new set up with the blocks I've been using. I just have to release them from whatever tree they are attached to when the log gets to them. Not as convenient but one step at a time .... especially with my short 35' cable on the winch.

Last edited:

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. We are both doing fine here in western Arkansas. Back in mid-January I decided to take a break from the forum and have just now returned. We'll see how long I stay this time.:)

I am glad you got something to work for your logging needs! Now if only you can get something to work for your storage needs.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
My 6 chicks shipped yesterday. Update from USPS at 4:50 last night said they were in transit to be delivered by 6 PM tonight. Not very surprised that they aren't here. I'll be up about 5 to see what the tracking says. If they are going through the local PO I can get them by 7 AM. The clerks don't mind sending cheeping chicks out before the window opens AT ALL.

I've got their Mama Heating Pad set up in the room off the living room and Nuit is still doing well staying broody but with forced "personal time" twice a day. Once the chicks arrive I'll keep them in the house one night and at 0 dark 30 the next night will stuff them under Nuit in the community nest box. The next morning the little family will be moved down to the brooder area.

I cleaned out the coop on Sunday, still need to move all that stuff out of the alley and into the compost bins. It will be cooler after tomorrow.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are here! Actually they have been here since 7:30

11207704-764D-4FE9-B627-D4FB025E6498.jpeg

Latest posts