Buying 1/2 a Beef?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't used margarine in so long I can't remember the last time I even bought it. My mom only had margarine in the fridge for one cookie recipe , and it still tastes better made with margarine, but she always used butter for the family for eating etc. We did use Crisco, and there are some things that the smoothness of Crisco seems to work better. But for the most part, I grew up using butter and continued. Then, I got even more adamant about butter for cooking and most everything when I started milking cows for a living, and then when I became a milk tester; I am not going to work in one industry, and NOT support it. I don't like the taste of margarine, it has an oily feel to it that I find off putting. I used lard for things when I could find it, and still prefer it for alot of things done in the fry pan even though I don't eat alot of "fried food" , but things like eggs and such are better in lard if there is no bacon grease around.

My definition of margarine..... "glorified penzoil" . One other thing that few if any people have ever taken into consideration..... soybeans are phytoestrogen..... there are some studies about how it can overcome the testosterone.... but women should be careful about soy and estrogen like effects.

Ever wonder why there are so many males that seem so effeminate????? All these soy based drinks and food......

Soybeans are the basis of margarine......

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I haven't used margarine in so long I can't remember the last time I even bought it. My mom only had margarine in the fridge for one cookie recipe , and it still tastes better made with margarine, but she always used butter for the family for eating etc. We did use Crisco, and there are some things that the smoothness of Crisco seems to work better. But for the most part, I grew up using butter and continued. Then, I got even more adamant about butter for cooking and most everything when I started milking cows for a living, and then when I became a milk tester; I am not going to work in one industry, and NOT support it. I don't like the taste of margarine, it has an oily feel to it that I find off putting. I used lard for things when I could find it, and still prefer it for alot of things done in the fry pan even though I don't eat alot of "fried food" , but things like eggs and such are better in lard if there is no bacon grease around.

My definition of margarine..... "glorified penzoil" . One other thing that few if any people have ever taken into consideration..... soybeans are phytoestrogen..... there are some studies about how it can overcome the testosterone.... but women should be careful about soy and estrogen like effects.

Ever wonder why there are so many males that seem so effeminate????? All these soy based drinks and food......

Soybeans are the basis of margarine......
Yes, your question about the males, that's something I've been saying for years!!! Stay away from soy products! The only time I allow myself to have soy is if we go out for Chinese food or Sushi! I use coconut aminos at home in place of soy sauce!

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I try to avoid soy as much as possible, but I am not sure I can give up my soy sauce on rice. I dn't use much when I use soy sauce, so hopefully that helps protect me.
You should try the Coconut Aminos...it's really not a bad substitute and so much better for you! :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little soy will not hurt. Unless you are a woman who is battling cancer where increase estrogen will be a major disaster... but what I am talking about is the soy that is being used in so many products.... think of all the "soy milk" that people use, all the soy that is substituted for so much. Soybeans are not all bad.... it is like everything else..... we seem to go way overboard every time we "get on board" with some new product. All this "low fat" craze, has used so much soy as base for some stuff..... and now people are finally realizing that fat is not so bad..... real food is not so bad...... and we have to start looking at and realizing that we need to eat REAL FOOD.

And when people get on the kick of vegetarian, vegan, and such..... and use things like soy as substitutes without realizing that there will be consequences for that.

I don't think that using a little soy sauce is the end of the world..... do you use it by the pint or qt ?????:hu:plbb

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I use it by the tablespoon, lol. I am a breast cancer survivor and have avoided soy as much as possible (except a couple tablespoons of soy sauce a month) for years. Even before the cancer.

I bought coconut oil but absolutely hate it.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I use it by the tablespoon, lol. I am a breast cancer survivor and have avoided soy as much as possible (except a couple tablespoons of soy sauce a month) for years. Even before the cancer.

I bought coconut oil but absolutely hate it.
Congratulations! 💞 My mother is a 2 time cancer survivor and my youngest son is also a cancer survivor! Watching him go through his treatments was the hardest thing I've ever had to do!
I don't like coconut oil either, although I do use it for some things...Coconut Amino's are different!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you don't like coconut oil, say for cooking, try avocado oil. I really like the taste of it because it is so mild, and it will withstand higher temps for cooking/frying. Maybe it can be used in place of coconut oil in mixing stuff?

Bless you both; both for being a survivor, @WyoLiving ; and for being a part of your family surviving @drstratton . I have seen what it has done to some friends, but not as close as having an immediate family member battle it.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you don't like coconut oil, say for cooking, try avocado oil. I really like the taste of it because it is so mild, and it will withstand higher temps for cooking/frying. Maybe it can be used in place of coconut oil in mixing stuff?

Bless you both; both for being a survivor, @WyoLiving ; and for being a part of your family surviving @drstratton . I have seen what it has done to some friends, but not as close as having an immediate family member battle it.
Thank you @farmerjan! 💞

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. I was lucky and was diagnosed at Stage 1a. My older sister is also a breast cancer survivor, but didn't get diagnosed until she was stage 3. I have some guilt that I was diagnosed so early and she went through so much more than I had to. It doesn't make sense why I feel guilty, but that is part of who I am I guess. Just so glad that God decided to leave her here with us so she gets to see and love on her grand children.

Latest posts