California

Aneesa's Muse

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I must say, I don't think my DH would let me have a cow in the backyard ...not here, in the city.. but I have raised cows and I plan to have another sometime in the future..

...once I've convinced him that country is wayyy better than city living ;)

Any other CA'ers?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome.gif

Not from CA but, WI. Tell DH that the country is wayyyy better. More room. Away from noisy neighbors. Can be load and not worry. Plenty of room for the kids/grandkids to run and play. ;)

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope we get some CA people on here. We probably won't ever have a cow, but we'd love to visit someone who does!!!

okiron

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
California here though we don't have any cows lol. Would love to have them someday (though not here)

norcal

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I wandered over here from the BYchickens message board. As I'm now the owner of a couple wethers (and will for sure have many questions). :)

We have 5 acres in Northern California (Sierra Nevada foothills). It's kind of hilly and only 1/2 cleared (the other 1/2 is chaparral). So, yes, we're in a fire hazard zone, hence the goats. Hopefully they will help us clear the lower 2.5 (like the back 40, but the back 2.5, ha). :)

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Waving hello from the Sierras.

We transplanted from the Norco area. I grew up in Arcadia, hubby from the Covina area. We now live up near Yosemite in Mariposa.

No cows and no goats. Most of our friends run cattle, sometimes I'll help gather.... Its enough to keep me from wanting any lol

We had a lovely nubian, but the mule decided one day he didn't like her :(
..... we don't have that mule anymore.

Kooshie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm currently living in California!