Callie has passed

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to muster it up until I saw that face, she still has that sweet look but empty looking:love:hit.

:hugs:hugs!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing her burial photo. She looks completely serene... As if she's just sleeping. But of course we all know that's not the case. What a horrendous loss for you all. May she rest in peace and be there to greet you and protect you with a paw and a gentle kiss when it's your time.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I've had to put dogs down, and I've come back home... even with other dogs still in the house, it's like there's a great big empty space where the one dog used to be.

The dogs I've lost have been old, or had other problems. I knew it was coming, but it's still tough. I can't imagine how much more difficult it is when one is taken suddenly, like Callie was. :hugs and may time help ease the pain...

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just heard about this and want to say that my heart goes out to you both. Losing a great dog leaves a hole in your life that can never really be filled. Callie had a great life with people who loved her, a job that fulfilled her, a pack that supported her and stories to leave behind. That's about the best one can do for a great working partner and friend for their lives. We should all be so blessed and she was surely blessed in her life with great people like you to love her. :hugs

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just saw this thread and cannot tell you how very, very sorry I am. Some days, life is not fair. My heart just hurts for you as there have been such animals in my own life who have left a hurt and a hole in my heart that I cannot fill. Callie was such a special one for you. It is so obvious in her pictures that she was loved and knew it!!

These animals ARE family. :hugs:hit:hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
2 years ago today (1/2/2015) Callie had her litter of 10 (surviving) male pups. They have turned out remarkable and as good or better than Callie and the sire "D". I am honored to own one of them, formerly/originally known as Orange, now named Mel, short for Mellow. Callie went through a very difficult time while delivering these pups and nearly died several time during that time and the time after delivery. You can read about the battle to save her then in SBC's thread. She will never be duplicated and always be remembered. She was a one of a kind dog. I'm so glad I got to meet her and to own one of her pups.