Cecilia's Journal- My Crazy Family

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok ok. Real update here for you guys.

Twins are seven months and have been starting a little baby led weaning. That has taken up a lot of time just making sure they don’t choke 🤣. Yesterday we tried mango strips. That was a HIT! Frankie had figured out the “suck it dry” technique and leaves the highchair covered in a sticky goo? Valentine just like to mouth it. It’s like watching a dog chew a bone 🤣. They have significantly reduced the amount of times the are breastfeeding which I will admit has been pretty sad. They will BF right before bed, as soon as they wake up, and right around lunchtime with a few sessions sprinkled in between.

They really love sitting in a kiddy pool with me watching the chickens waddle around. My granddad always said you can drown in 2 inches of water so we’ve kept the amount of water to a maximum of an inch and a half. He was in the navy so he was always worried about us kids drowning.

My parents have been able to cut down their visits to about once a week which has been a relief.

We have been seriously looking ahead towards the future looking at future kids, and other family stuff. Our original plan after the kids turned 3 months was to try again for a baby in October 2023. But with the rate of inflation I don’t think that is going to be possible. We had our good friends contact us to see if either of us would be interested in being a surrogate mother for them as they have had a lot of trouble finding someone. That would be a huge boost to our pockets so we are really considering.

Gianna is starting to look at school stuff again and plans for this year. She had a university contact her to see if she would want to teach for them in the 2023 school year and I seriously think she will accept. It would be a long drive in the morning (about an hour) but it pays way better and the benefits are really great.
Kids are done with vaccines thankfully and we have started brushing their gums to help with teething. Doctor thinks that is quickly approaching so everyone end good vibes 🤣.

Dotty has been living her best life with her new family and is settled in well. I don’t think we will be AI’ing Rina this year, we have a lot of milk stored up between the freeze drier and the freezer. Next year we will start her up again. We thought about maybe breeding her with an angus but the risk is a little too much for me. Daffy is a big girl now! We are looking at selling her after her first calf. No one is super interested in a dairy heifer at the moment. Which is understandable.

That’s kinda the run down of what’s happen while we were away. It’s still hot down here but we are pushing through! God bless y’all.