Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, that is too bad. Coyotes are plentiful here, they run in packs. I woke up to howling coyotes one morning last week. They were close enough to hear me open the door and went silent.
Yes, they are that close some nights here as well. Since Finn’s passing Bindi doesn’t seem to be running them off.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
The AKC gives basics, if I want to go above and beyond what would you recommend testing for? The akc only says hips and eyes :confused:.

Also what do you recommend adding to a contract? My attorney isn't super helpful.
Yes, hips, eyes, knees. I don’t test my dogs. Everyone thinks it’s the thing to do these days. Honestly even breeding dogs clearing for these issues can have puppies with them. Save your money.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an Anatolian with severe hip dysplasia. At only 9 months old, the vet called him a train wreck. The vet operated on him, a femoral head ostectomy (spelling?) Basically he cut the “ball” off the top of the femur. Over time, the muscles and ligaments strengthened up and support the joint. It took several months of care and therapy and a slow recovery.

He runs, he guards and he is a darn good dog. The other hip could blow out, so far it hasn’t. He is brilliant smart, I have no regrets. Had I known that his hips were so bad, I wouldn’t have bought him. But it all worked out, he was meant to be my dog.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband and I considered putting him down. We cried over it and decided to do the surgery and give him a chance. We were so glad we did, he is an awesome dog.

Latest posts