Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My gate is finished and all that needs to be done is the lattice top. Storms rolled in so that has to wait till a sunny day. I didn't get a picture yet. I will today. Instead of putting a gate latch on I decided that I wanted only a chain and carabiner to close it. Latches in my opinion don't work well with livestock fences. I have chains or rope on all my gates. :gig

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ever since Canada 🇨🇦 Day and then Independence Day celebrations of fireworks Finn stays on the porch most of the time. He is terrified of fireworks, thunder and gun shots. He also is not fond of the howls from Coyotes either. He begins to salivate and cowers at the front door. One day my Sons were setting up cans to shoot with the pellet gun. Finn was so scared he went into the bush and hid. He didn't come out till I got home. He is a real softy but a great protector of what he thinks he should be protecting. He loved my Birds. Now he loves the goats. ❤️ Also his buddy is Teddy our mini horse. Finn is almost as tall as Teddy..😁
I hope he gets over his anxiety soon and gets off the porch to do his regular job. 👍❤️🐶

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finn and his buddy Teddy. Bindi with her Bunny she stole from the kids next door. 😝
E1840D36-8C33-4518-994E-DF01B29A3BA6.jpeg
E9FE604D-2424-4215-B8CC-04AB4777D66F.jpeg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hahaha Bindi!
We had a cattle dog (heeler) that used to escape and bring back food bowls full of cat food. I don't know how he managed to carry them and not spill it. Somebody was probably wondering why their cats kept hiding their bowls, haha.
He was in the back of my truck one day when I was getting gas and a woman asked if he was my dog. I could hardly deny it, he being in my pickup and all. She said he was so cute, he would sit on her back porch and drool, and she would clean her fridge out and give him all the goodies. Thanks for training my dog to leave home lady! :lol:. He was also cross eyed, so it gave him sort of a sweet expression.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hahaha Bindi!
We had a cattle dog (heeler) that used to escape and bring back food bowls full of cat food. I don't know how he managed to carry them and not spill it. Somebody was probably wondering why their cats kept hiding their bowls, haha.
He was in the back of my truck one day when I was getting gas and a woman asked if he was my dog. I could hardly deny it, he being in my pickup and all. She said he was so cute, he would sit on her back porch and drool, and she would clean her fridge out and give him all the goodies. Thanks for training my dog to leave home lady! :lol:. He was also cross eyed, so it gave him sort of a sweet expression.
Hilarious 🤣
Some dogs are so funny. I would love to have seen him carrying home his cat food bowls full. Bindi is a clown. Always a silly girl. I still don’t know how she never lost her golf clubs that day.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness. The people up the road used to only have two Lamas that desperately need to be shaved. Last year they got two little goats. Well this year they have chickens and two calves in the pen. Drove by yesterday and a trampoline is in the pen with chickens underneath and the goats jumping on the trampoline. The chickens are enclosed by chicken wire under the trampoline. :ep
Just the other day my husband saw the Fox crossing the Range road with a Chicken in his mouth. I'm pretty sure we know where the fox got dinner that day. :th
One thing these people don't know is they are not allowed cows on such a small Acerage. Only 3 acres. Even I'm not allowed cows and we have 7 acres. They must be worried about covid? Now we know who probably has all the toilet paper too..:gig

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a friend with chickens and I try to help her with things. The one thing she doesn't understand or doesn't want to believe is that chickens are walkiing diseases. They carry many diseases. Some they are immune to and are carriers. Under stress they become ill and die. Adding in new birds from other flocks is a disaster waiting to happen.
I'm so glad I have no more Birds. :clap :celebrate