Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Better than buying stupid shoes!
You should buy SMART shoes! Spend a little more next time :D

Yep the 3 cats cost; wet food, dry food, litter, treats (for 2 of them) expensive annual vet visits. Medicine for the oldest cat (not to mention the radioactive iodine treatment 2 years ago).

The 20 hens are going through $11 of feed a week right now plus BOSS and scratch treats. The 2 alpacas are the cheapest. $22 for 50# of maintenance pellets which lasts about 6 weeks, plus about 15# of sweet feed mixed in. It is pretty cheap. Figure another $100 for hay annually.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last time I rode Pearl, she was in a full Tennessee Walker gait when a Chicago screw fell out and it happened to connect a rein to the bit. I got her to stop, sort of, and threaded the rein through the bit shank and held both ends. Decided it was a good time to go home and off she went!

SEE? I really DO need more bridles! And some latigo strips to replace all those danged Chicago screws with.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
At one point last year I had 4 harnesses for 2 driving horses! I did use all of them because two were show and two were for training, but I ended up selling two and that turned into nice feed money.
Awesome you have driving horses..:clap
I have always wanted a miniature horse and cart. Maybe I will have to possibly get that one day? πŸ€”πŸ€«πŸ€­

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last time I rode Pearl, she was in a full Tennessee Walker gait when a Chicago screw fell out and it happened to connect a rein to the bit. I got her to stop, sort of, and threaded the rein through the bit shank and held both ends. Decided it was a good time to go home and off she went!

SEE? I really DO need more bridles! And some latigo strips to replace all those danged Chicago screws with.
I had the same problem so my husband put lock tight on the screws. Works great πŸ‘