Reaction score
My fence is almost finished. :yesss:
I just need the wire attached to the top portion and a gate. :woot
10BE00CB-1FB8-4A89-ACE3-578C1458B868.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hilarious story! Bahahaha :gig
Yesterday it was a bit showery here. I had Fancy and Ozzy out in the goat yard and Levi tied out with Pearl loose with him. I had to run to town so my husband said he'd watch the goats while he built the fence. My oldest son was here to and outside with the dogs. Sounded easy enough so I left the goats as they were and went to town...🤠🚙
While I was gone it started raining and then poured. My Son and Husband got the two little goats into their house but didn't realize Fancy and Ozzy are not that easy. My Son ran to put the dogs away. All 5 dogs got soaked. 🤣 Plus my Son so he was in the house changing into dry clothes and my husband was trying to put Fancy and Ozzy in. Jeepers he opened the gate and the two goats took off like deer. It's pouring rain and my husband is out there chasing goats :ep:lol:. He was able to get Fancy easily but Ozzy wasn't ready to listen. My Son hadn't gotten his dry pants on yet so ran out in the pouring rain in his underwear and t-shirt. 😜
He almost had Ozzy but he bunted him and took off running into the pasture. My Husband had to go into the pasture and chased him back. Finally got Ozzy cornered and was able to drag him to his pen! :gig
Holy smokes I laughed because they asked me how I get the goats in the pen? They only got them both back into the goat yard after all that running.
I showed them how easy it is to put the goats in the pen. I got a container with a handful of goat feed and shook it a little as I opened the gate and my sweet little goats ran out and straight into there pen. Viola! The look on their faces was priceless 😂👍❤️🐐🐐

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remembered to vaccinate Pearl yesterday...👍🐐❤
She didn't even notice I had done anything. I had my Son hold her. I told him to hold her arms and legs down so she couldn't Buck away! :ep :lol:
Reminded us of him telling me his girlfriend kicks her back legs in her sleep! :gig

Last edited:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's a nice fence! Glad you were able to stay clothed for the process, the mosquitoes would have had a field day!
Thanks..😜
We are going to price out pressure treated lattice and possibly use that for the top portion of the fence? Hopefully it's a go!
The Mosquitos are horrible here! In the evening there are clouds of the Buggers. 😕

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope by fall I can house all the goats over winter in the same goat Coop. :D:fl..I don't know if Fancy is a space sharing type though? I definitely don't need her getting one of the smaller goats cornered and hurting them.
She is fine on pasture but definitely Bossy and mean around the yard. :barnie..Ozzy just does his own thing or plays with Levi.

Latest posts